In 2010, Carlos Coste established a new Guinness World Record for freediving, by completing a 150 metre underwater swim using no apparatus through Dos Ojos, a colossal cenote (cave network) that twists for 31 miles under Yucatan, Mexico. The Venezuelan was armed with only a torch and a monofin when he made the death-defying dive and now Swiss watch maker Oris is honouring this great achievement by creating a special Carlos Coste Limited Edition Cenote Series watch.
A standout edition to the Diver’s collection, the new Carlos Coste Limited Edition Cenote Series boasts a number of original features to highlight Coste’s incredible feat. The essential minute counter glows in the dark for ease of reading and to indicate the time spent under water; a triangle on the 2 minute position symbolises that Carlos would be reaching his own breath record of 2:30 minutes for a dynamic dive at this point, whilst a second triangle at the seven minute position highlights Carlos’s record of 7:30 minutes for holding his breath during a static dive.
The top ring of this super-functional and desirable watch is made of scratch proof ceramic, a plus for all extreme sports aficionados who need their watches to be as resilient as they are. The numerals and triangle at the zero position are filled with SLN to provide optimum visibility in darkness like that experienced during cave dives. The case back is graced by the Carlos Coste logo and the limitation number.
Designed in honour of a record breaker, the Oris Carlos Coste Limited Edition Cenote Series is the ultimate performance accessory.
Model: Oris Carlos Coste Limited Edition – Cenote Series
No. 674 7655 7184-Set Ø 46.00mm
Limited to 2000 pieces
• Automatic mechanical chronograph movement ETA 7750 with red rotor
• Hour, minute and stop second from the centre, subsidiary dials at 6, 9 and 12 h position
• Titanium case with ceramic top ring and Superluminova inlay and screwed case back with Carlos Coste’s logo
• Pushers and screw down crown in stainless steel
• Automatic helium valve at 9 o’clock position
• Water resistant to 50 bar / 500 metres
• Black dial with applied indices filled with Superluminova
• Titanium metal bracelet with easy adjustable folding clasp Set
• Multipurpose soft pouch, replacement rubber strap, tools for the bracelet change. Limited edition certificate