Rolex Oyster Perpetual Yacht-Master II embodies all of the intense emotion a regatta arouses. By its impressive size, evocative power and sleek design, this unique regatta chronograph echoes directly the Maxi Yachts built to brave the oceans. The new version is the first Professional watch in the Oyster collection to be available in EVEROSE ROLESOR – an exclusive combination of the 904L steel superalloy and 18 ct EVEROSE gold.
Equipped with a programmable countdown with a mechanical memory, the Oyster Perpetual Yacht-Master II is an innovative and pioneering watchmaking complication, based on interaction between the movement and the bezel. It allows the skipper to programme a regatta countdown sequence from 1 to 10 minutes. Once the countdown has been launched, the skipper can, if necessary, synchronize his chronograph to the official race countdown. Thanks to the Yacht-Master II, experienced sailors and yachting enthusiasts have at their disposal an efficient tool to assist in crossing the starting line at the very moment the horn sounds.
With its numerous innovative watchmaking features, the Yacht-Master II model, launched in 2007, is the epitome of the brand’s creative force and technology. Its functions depend on a major innovation: the exclusive RING COMMAND bezel designed and developed by Rolex. Rotatable through 90° and interacting with the movement, it serves to initialize and then lock the countdown programming.
The model’s 4160 movement, entirely designed and developed by Rolex, is fitted with a PARACHROM hairspring, 10 times more resistant to shocks and insensitive to magnetic fields. The countdown is operated by a column wheel and a vertical clutch. A number of micro-components in this unique movement are produced by UV-LiGA – a new technology, entirely mastered in-house by Rolex, which enables the production of components whose fineness or geometry makes them impossible to manufacture by traditional means.
The Yacht-Master II’s case, stamped from a block of 904L steel extremely resistant to corrosion, offers all the qualities of waterproofness that have made the reputation of Oyster watches. Not least thanks to its TRIPLOCK winding crown that screws down tightly against the case like the hatch of a submarine. The pink gold of the bezel and the bracelet’s centre links is 18 ct EVEROSE gold, an exclusive alloy developed by Rolex and manufactured in its own foundry. The blue CERACHROM bezel insert, virtually impervious to scratches, corrosion-resistant and non fading, is also patented and manufactured by Rolex.
The excellent legibility of the Yacht-Master II’s dial demonstrates the constant attention to functionality in the Oyster Professional collection. The red countdown minute and seconds hands are readable at a glance against the graduations on the dial or bezel. The bracelet, in 904L steel and 18 ct EVEROSE, is fitted with an EASYLINK 5 mm comfort extension link and an OYSTERLOCK clasp with a safety catch, two further Rolex innovations.
– Type: OYSTER (monobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown)
– Diameter: 44 mm
– Material: EVEROSE ROLESOR (combination of 904L stainless steel superalloy and 18 ct EVEROSE gold), polished finish
– Case back: Screw-down with Rolex fluting
– Bezel: Bidirectional 90° rotatable RING COMMAND bezel in 18 ct EVEROSE gold,
– Blue CERACHROM insert with engraved numerals filled with pink gold via magnetron cathode sputtering
– Winding crown: 18 ct EVEROSE gold, screw-down, TRIPLOCK triple waterproofness system,
– Shoulders to protect the crown
– Crystal: Scratch-resistant sapphire
– Waterproofness: 100 metres (330 feet)
– Programmable regatta countdown with mechanical memory, retrograde minute hand and on-the-fly synchronization of the countdown seconds and minute hand to the nearest minute
– Small seconds hand at 6 o’clock
– Stop-seconds for precise time setting
– Calibre 4160, Manufacture Rolex Chronograph movement with column wheel and vertical clutch
– Precision Officially certified Swiss chronometer
– Oscillator Frequency: 28,800 beats/hour (4 Hz)
– Non-magnetic blue PARACHROM hairspring
– Breguet overcoil
– Large balance wheel with variable inertia
– High-precision regulating via four gold MICROSTELLA nuts
– Traversing balance bridge
– Jewelling: 42 rubies
– Winding: Bidirectional self-winding via PERPETUAL rotor on ball bearings
– Power reserve: Approximately 72 hours
– White lacquered, snailed pink gold small seconds counter CHROMALIGHT display with long-lasting luminescence
– Hour markers: 12 appliques in pink gold
– Hands: Pink gold, blued
– Type: OYSTER, three-piece solid links
– Material: EVEROSE ROLESOR (combination of 904L stainless steel super alloy and 18 ct EVEROSE gold), polished centre links, satin-finished outer links with polished edges
– Clasp: OYSTERLOCK folding clasp with safety catch, EASYLINK 5 mm comfort extension link