Under Kudoke label, Stefan Kudoke has been manufacturing extravagant skeleton watches with elaborate engravings exclusively by hand since more than 10 years. „KudOktopus“, his most famous model, is iconic amongst watch collectors worldwide by now. During the last years he concentrated on perfecting the art of hand-skeletonizing. Now Stefan Kudoke presents his own manufacture movement.
Christened Kaliber 1, the new manufacture movement developed by Kudoke is inspired by the designs of historical English pocket watches and its mechanisms.
|Inspiration: Movement of an English Pocket watch|
In the past, intensive co-operations between German and English watchmaking existed after all. It was the German diplomat and astronomer Hans Moritz von Brühl, who supported English precision watchmaking (for example by patronizing Thomas Mudge) and finally bringing it to Saxony and Dresden. By doing so he set an important milestone for the still famous Saxon watchmaking. With this new watch caliber Stefan Kudoke pays tribute to the watch making tradition of Saxony and honors the old masters.
Based on the watch movement Kaliber 1 KUDOKE is going to come up with a new line of models extending the range of „art watches“ and at the same time keeping his typical signature of handcraft perfection and artistic creativity.
Also with his first own movement Stefan Kudoke sets great value upon the refinement of the watch components by hand. Be it the polishing of edges at bridges or steel parts, the engravings or the surface treatment of the wheel bridge using a special reaming technology – all steps during the finishing process are carried out by hand exclusively.
The new movement Kaliber 1 and a first watch model equipped with it will be launched by Stefan Kudoke during Baselworld 2018.
KUDOKE Kaliber 1
• Diameter 30 mm; Height 4.3 mm
• Indication of hours, minutes, small second at 9 o’clock
• 28.800 half-oscillations/hour (4Hz)
• Manual winding movement with 46 hours power reserve
• Fine adjustment with tangent screws
• Amagnetic escapement with Carl-Haas balance spring in Chronometer quality
• KIF-shock protection
• 18 jewels
• Finish by hand with polished edges, decorative grindings etc.
• Special reaming technology to finish the surface of the wheel bridge (by hand)
• Hand engraved balance cock
• Screwed small plate with hand engraved KUDOKE Logo