Many high-end collectors are also gun lovers, delighting in the craftsmanship and attention to detail of a high-end firearm. To celebrate this slightly strange marriage between Swiss high watchmaking and firearms, Yvan Arpa for ArtyA introduces the Son of a Gun Watch.
A collector has ordered this exceptional timepiece from Yvan Arpa, creator and consultant in high watchmaking for his brand ArtyA. To debut the collection Artya has imagined a watch containing real bullets. With a bezel and inner dial like a target sight, the piece showcases six 6mm Flobert bullets suspended in the dial almost like the barrel of a revolver. Use of copper wire like dynamite wire and the iconic 47mm wide steel case display Artya brand DNA.
– Self-winding movement entirely manufactured in Switzerland with rotor upgraded with three real 38 mm cartridges
– Power reserve: 42 hours
– Jewelling: 25 jewels
Case, dial and strap
– Stainless steel grade 316, with target bezel engraved, between the dial and case six REAL 6mm Flobert bullets are suspended (like in Russian Roulette)
– Dial: Follow up of the target engravement
– Diameter: Ø47mm
– Crystal: Sapphire
– Back: Open, fitted with a sapphire crystal
– Water resistance: 50 meters
– Bracelet: Ballistic style
– Warranty: 24 months