The 2021 prize list of the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG) was unveiled on Thursday November 4 during a festive awards ceremony marking the 20th anniversary of the GPHG.
The “Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix was awarded to Bulgari for the Octo Finissimo watch. The Audemars Piguet, Bernhard Lederer, Chopard, Christiaan Van Der Klaauw, CIGA Design, De Bethune, Furlan Marri, Grand Seiko, Louis Vuitton, MB&F, Piaget, Tudor, Van Cleef & Arpels and Zenith brands were also saluted by the Jury and the GPHG Academy for the quality of their creations in various categories.
The Special Jury Prize, which rewards a personality or an influential institution on the watchmaking scene, was won this year by the Dubai Watch Week.
The 2021 nominated watches, including the 18 award-winners, are on display at the Musée Rath in Geneva until November 14, 2021. On the occasion of its 20th anniversary, the GPHG also invites you to discover – within the setting of this exceptional exhibition – the 20 watches that won the “Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix between 2001 and 2020. The 2021 award-winning watches will subsequently be presented during Dubai Watch Week, from November 24 to 28, and then in Paris from December 2 to 5.
2021 PRIZE LIST
- “Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix: Bulgari, Octo Finissimo
- Ladies’ Watch Prize: Piaget, Limelight Gala Precious Rainbow
- Ladies’ Complication Watch Prize: Van Cleef & Arpels, Lady Féerie Watch
- Men’s Watch Prize: Grand Seiko, Hi-Beat 36000 80 Hours Caliber 9SA5
- Men’s Complication Watch Prize: MB&F, LMX Titanium
- Iconic Watch Prize: Audemars Piguet, Royal Oak “Jumbo” Extra-Thin
- Tourbillon Watch Prize: De Bethune, DB Kind of Two Tourbillon
- Calendar and Astronomy Watch Prize: Christiaan Van Der Klaauw, CVDK Planetarium Eise Eisinga
- Mechanical Exception Watch Prize: Piaget, Altiplano Ultimate Automatic
- Chronograph Watch Prize: Zenith, Chronomaster Sport
- Diver’s Watch Prize: Louis Vuitton, Tambour Street Diver Skyline Blue
- Jewellery Watch Prize: Chopard, Flower Power
- Artistic Crafts Watch Prize: MB&F, LM SE Eddy Jaquet ‘Around the World in Eighty Days’
- “Petite Aiguille” Prize: Tudor, Black Bay Ceramic
- Challenge Watch Prize: CIGA Design, Blue Planet
- Innovation Prize: Bernhard Lederer, Central Impulse Chronometer
- Audacity Prize: Louis Vuitton, Tambour Carpe Diem
- Horological Revelation Prize: Furlan Marri, MR. Grey Ref. 1041-A
- Special Jury Prize: Dubai Watch Week