German watchmaker SINN presents 1800 S GG DAMASZENER, a 100-piece limited edition watch made from genuine forge-welded Damascus steel.
Third edition in the DAMASZENER series, this timepiece seamlessly reflects the high quality of the predecessor models, yet adds its very own highlights, showcasing, rather than compromising, the appeal of the special material.
The 1800 S GG DAMASZENER boasts a unique style that is reflected directly in the design and appearance. For perfectly enhancing the characteristic texture of Damascus steel, the one-piece dial and central part of the case were forged from a complete steel block rather than designed as separate components.
The Damascus pattern on the dial continues across the entire case to create a fascinating and impressive whole. Thanks to the TEGIMENT Technology, the case is extremely scratch-resistant. The additional Black Hard Coating highlights the pattern in a subtle, exquisite light and ensures good readability and a masculine-looking watch.
Meticulously attached by hand, the 18-carat gold appliqués are the perfect complement to the coherent overall design of the 1800 S GG DAMASZENER, emphasising the unique elegance of this watch. These appliqués feature luminous paint, making it possible to read the 1800 S GG DAMASZENER in the dark – a design principle we also apply to skeletonised hour, minute and second hands in 18-carat gold.
The Damascus steel for this watch was forged by Sinn’s long-established partner BALBACHDAMAST, Germany. The experts of Sächsische Uhrentechnologie GmbH Glashütte (SUG) are responsible for the sophisticated process of manufacturing the case from this Damascus steel.
Model: 1800 S GG DAMASZENER
• Self-winding mechanism
• 25 bearing jewels
• 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour
• Seconds stop function
• Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309
• Case with integrated dial made from Damascus steel, featuring Black Hard Coating on a TEGIMENT Technology basis
• Case back made from Damascus steel, with Black Hard Coating on a TEGIMENT Technology basis
• Sapphire crystal glass, anti-reflective on both sides
• Case back screw-fastened
• Crown screwable
• Meet the technical requirements for waterproofness, as set out in standard DIN 8310
• Pressure-resistant up to 10 bar
• Low pressure resistant
• Hours, minutes, seconds
• Date display
• Black Hard Coating on a TEGIMENT Technology basis
Dimensions and Weight
• Case diameter: 43 mm
• Band lug width: 22 mm
• Case thickness: 10.4 mm
• Weight without strap: 78 gramme
Dial and Hands
• Case with integrated dial made of Damascus steel
• 18-carat gold appliqués, meticulously attached by hand
• Appliqués coated with luminescent colour
• Hands in 18-carat gold
• Hour and minute hand coated with luminescent colour
• 2 years