The new Speedmaster Chronoscope models pay tribute to OMEGA’s past, with dials in the detailed “snail” design that featured on the brand’s chronograph wristwatches from the 1940’s. The new edition also makes it mark on the leaf-shaped hands of each watch, as well as the “spiral” track pattern that elegantly runs beneath the Arabic numerals on the dial.
The power source behind the Speedmaster Chronoscope watch is the OMEGA Co-Axial Master Chronometer Calibre 9908.
Certified as Master Chronometer by METAS, this mechanical hand-wound movement is visible through the sapphire crystal on the caseback. Beautifully finished, this rhodium plated calibre is endowed with Geneva waves in arabesque that start from the balance wheel instead of the centre of the movement – a first for OMEGA.
To improve the watch’s power reserve, OMEGA has included twin barrels with anti-wear Diamond-Like-Carbon coating. OMEGA’s column wheel mechanism ensures the accurate running of the Chronoscope’s multiple functions. The movement is resistant to magnetic fields reaching 15,000 gauss.
The brand has recently launched seven Speedmaster Chronoscope references: Six models in polished-brushed stainless steel and one model featuring in OMEGA’s exclusive Bronze Gold.
All these watches have 43mm diameter case. Among the stainless steel models first two references have silvery dials and blued hands, the next two have blue dials and rhodium-plated hands and the remaining two have silvery dials with black sub-dials and blackened hands.
They feature Arabic numeral markers on the main dial. All stainless steel versions come with anodized aluminium bezel rings in blue or black.
For the stainless steel Speedmaster Chronoscope models, Omega is offering leather straps in blue, brown, or in black – which has micro perforations revealing a red rubber interior. The strap buckles feature a Ω in positive relief.
The polished-brushed steel bracelets come with OMEGA’s patented comfort release system, adjustable to two positions. Sizing is 21 mm between the lugs – 16 mm on the buckle.
The Speedmaster Chronoscope model with OMEGA’s exclusive Bronze Gold case features oxidized bronze dial with special patina finish – and opaline silvery subdials.
It is topped with a polished brown ceramic bezel ring with tachymeter scale in “vintage” enamel – another design first for OMEGA. The Leaf-shaped hands and Arabic numerals employ Bronze Gold PVD coating. This version is fitted on a brown leather strap with polished-sandblasted Bronze Gold buckle.
Bronze Gold is a one-of-a-kind alloy enriched with noble elements such as 37.5% gold as well as palladium and silver. It has a beautiful soft pink hue and offers incomparable corrosion resistance.
Model: Speedmaster Chronoscope Co-Axial Master Chronometer Chronograph 43mm
Calibre OMEGA 9908
Manual-winding chronograph with column wheel and Co-Axial escapement
Certified Master Chronometer, approved by METAS, resistant to magnetic fields reaching 15,000 gauss
Silicon balance-spring, 2 barrels mounted in series, time zone function
Central hour, minute and chronograph seconds hands, small seconds counter, 12-hour and 60-minute counter
Rhodium plated finish with Geneva waves in arabesque
Power reserve: 60 hours
Case: Steel/Brown Gold
Case diameter: 43 mm
Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides
Transparent case back
Water resistance: 5 bar (50 metres / 167 feet)
Time zone function
Master Chronometer Certified
Stainless steel bracelet or leather strap
OMEGA Speedmaster Chronoscope References
- Reference 318.104.22.168.02.001: Stainless steel case and bracelet, silver dial and counters, blue tachymeter bezel, blue hands, blue numeral hour markers.
- Reference 322.214.171.124.02.001: Stainless steel case, silver dial and counters, blue tachymeter bezel, blue hands, blue numeral hour markers, dark blue alligator strap.
- Reference 3126.96.36.199.03.001: Stainless steel case and bracelet, blue dial with silver counters, blue tachymeter bezel, blue numeral hour markers, and rhodium-plated hands.
- Reference 3188.8.131.52.03.001: Stainless steel case, blue dial with silver counters, blue tachymeter bezel, blue numeral hour markers, rhodium-plated hands, light brown leather strap.
- Reference 3184.108.40.206.02.002: Stainless steel case and bracelet, silver dial with black counters, black tachymeter bezel, black numeral hour markers, hands in black, white or red.
- Reference 3220.127.116.11.02.001: Stainless steel case, silver and grey dial, black counters, black tachymeter scale, hands in black, white or red, perforated leather strap.
- Reference 318.104.22.168.10.001: Bronze gold case, brown dial with silver counters, Bronze gold numeral hour markers and hands, brown tachymeter bezel, dark brown leather strap.