Laco, the German watch brand extremely popular with pilots and watch lovers, presents new quartz versions of its beloved timepieces Genf and Zürich.
Four new model variants combine the advantages of the old design with a modern, reduced case diameter and high precision quartz movement. The subtle facelift given to Genf and Zürich watches proves that a well planned design works well. Regardless of the watch size, they have more sophisticated look and feel goes well with a business outfit and casual look.
The diameter was reduced to 40 millimetres and the height to a mere 9 millimetres, rendering the look more modern and elegant. Reducing the case size allows the watches to fit even more snugly on to slim wrists, fitting comfortably under a flying jacket sleeve or shirt sleeve. Just as with all Laco watches, the new models have the same classic attributes and the performance level provided by 80 years of know-how in this area of craftsmanship.
The characteristic design has barely changed during recent years: a round stainless steel case, a black matte dial with distinctive typography and typical marking at the twelve and the brown leather strap with two rivets underline the authentic nature of these historic pilot and observation watches.
Greenish luminous material Superluminova C3 ensures optimal legibility of dials, numbers and indices under any light as well as maximum contrast levels. The dials are protected by sapphire crystal, optionally with an antireflective coating on both sides. High quality Swiss quartz movements by Ronda guarantee precision measurements.
New feature: optional date display at 6 o´clock, for the „Genf“ with the classic type A design (eleven Arabic numerals and triangle at the 12 o´clock position) as well as the „Zürich“ in type B design (outer large minute display and inner hour display).
Both professional pilots and fans with a more everyday interest in watches are passionate about the host of different features they offer. Genf.2 and Zürich.2, plus the models Genf.2.D and Zürich.2.D. with date display are available at specialist retailers and directly from Laco for 260 € / 320 $ per watch.
– Pilot watch, stainless steel case with a brushed finish
– Ø 40 mm, height 9 mm, sapphire crystal, water resistant up to 5 ATM, steel caseback, domed crown
– Swiss quartz movement Ronda 503 (without date), or Swiss quartz movement Ronda 505 (with date), 1 jewel, 3 hands
– Mat black dial, Arabic figures and indexes with luminous material Superluminova C3
– All hands black mat with luminous material Superluminova C3
– Brown calf leather strap with light stitching, lug width 18 mm, 2 rivets per strap side, stainless steel buckle
– Weight: approx. 58 g
– Gift box incl. cardboard box
– Recommended retail price: 260 € / 320 $