German watch brand SINN has launched the 103 Classic 12, a 600-piece limited classic chronograph with a ceramic bezel insert to mark the 60th anniversary of the company.
Dedicated to pilots, the first model in the SINN 103 series was developed in the mid-1960s. At that time, it was equipped with acrylic glass and hand-wound movement. These watches can still be found in the range today, underlining their timeless design and huge popularity with many watch lovers. The brand has also continuously expanded the series, adding, for example, the latest SINN technologies and other features.
Celebrating the company’s 60th anniversary, this classic pilot chronograph has been launched in a special edition limited to 600 pieces.
The 103 Classic 12 watch blends its classic appearance with modern materials. For example, the bezel insert is made from ceramic – a material which appears for the first time on the 103 and is characterised by its outstanding hardness and the resulting exceptional scratch resistance.
Another visual feature is the captive bezel itself, which features a twelve-hour scale to display a second time zone. The engraved numerals on the bezel are the colour of chamois, which is reflected in the three counters, all the printed elements and the luminous colour. The attached appliqués are rhodium-plated and luminous, as are the hour, minute and stopwatch second hands.
Even the place of origin of the watch is mentioned by name. The ‘Sinn Frankfurt am Main’ lettering thus adorns the glossy black dial with decorative sunburst to mark the anniversary. Both the crystal and the transparent back are made from high-quality sapphire crystal, enabling fascinating glimpses into the delicate work of the mechanical movement.
The 103 Classic 12 edition model is waterproof and pressure-resistant up to 20 bar, resistant to low pressure and equipped with Ar-Dehumidifying Technology for enhanced functional reliability and freedom from fogging.
To mark the special occasion, the edge of the glass back features the limited-edition number as well as the engravings ‘1961-2021’ and ‘60 Jahre’. The watch comes in a fine case with a dark green strap of wild boar leather and a cowhide strap with alligator embossing in black.
This watch is already sold out in direct sales. You can still obtain this watch from the sales partners of the brand.
Model: 103 Classic 12
• Swiss Made SW 510 Self-winding movement
• 27 bearing jewels
• 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour
• Seconds stop function
• Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309
• Case made of stainless steel, polished
• Sapphire crystal in front, anti-reflective on both sides
• Transparent case back made of sapphire crystal, anti-reflective on the interior
• Case back screw-fastened
• Crown screwable
• Push-pieces screwable
• Meet the technical requirements for waterproofness, as set out in standard DIN 8310
• Waterproof and pressure-resistant to 20 bar
• Low pressure resistant
• Hours, minutes, subsidiary seconds
• Date display
• Bezel with 12-hour ratcheting and ceramic insert
• Second time zone on a 12-hour basis
• Captive bezel
• Ar-Dehumidifying Technology for enhanced functional reliability and freedom from fogging
Dimensions and weight
• Case diameter: 41 mm
• Band lug width: 20 mm
• Case thickness: 17 mm
• Weight without strap: 88 gramme
Dial and hands
• Black electroplated dial with sunburst decoration
• Attached appliqués coated with luminescent colour
• Hour, minute and stop watch second hand coated with luminescent colour