Rolex presents two new references of its GMT-Master II. The first model (reference 126710BLNR-0003) features a black dial and a two-color Cerachrom bezel insert in blue and black ceramic. The second version (126710BLRO-0002) has a black dial and a two-color Cerachrom bezel insert in red and blue ceramic.
Dressed in a 40mm Oystersteel case, both versions come with Oyster bracelet, which is equipped with an Oysterlock folding clasp, which prevents accidental opening and the Easylink comfort extension link, also exclusive to Rolex.
Both models are equipped with the new calibre 3285, a new-generation movement entirely developed and manufactured by Rolex. This movement features a Chronergy escapement and a guaranteed power reserve of approximately 70 hours.
Like all Rolex Perpetual movements, the 3285 is a certified Swiss chronometer, a designation reserved for high-precision watches that have successfully passed the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute (COSC) tests. The Calibre 3285 is equipped with a Parachrom hairspring, offering greater resistance to shocks and to temperature variations.
With traditional hour, minute and seconds hands, a triangle-tipped 24-hour hand, and a bidirectional rotatable bezel with 24-hour graduated Cerachrom insert, the GMT Master II watch displays the time in two time zones simultaneously: either the local time and the reference time, or the local time and that of an alternative time zone. Positioned at 3 o’clock on the dial, the date is synchronized with the local time. The Cyclops lens on the sapphire crystal enables the crystal clear view of the date display.
Both references feature black color dials. The broad hands and hour markers in simple shapes – triangles, circles, rectangles – are filled with a luminescent material (Chromalight) emitting a long-lasting blue glow. The Oyster case construction provides 100 meters water resistance.
Model: GMT-Master II
126710BLNR-0003 and 126710BLRO-0002
Oyster, 40 mm
Monobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
Diameter: 40 mm
Crown: Screw-down, Triplock triple waterproofness system
Crystal: Scratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
Waterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
Bidirectional rotatable 24-hour graduated bezel
Reference 126710BLNR: Two-colour blue and black Cerachrom insert in ceramic, moulded numerals and graduations
Reference 126710BLRO: Two-colour red and blue Cerachrom insert in ceramic, moulded numerals and graduations
Calibre 3285, Manufacture Rolex
Precision: -2/+2 sec/day, after casing
Paramagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring
High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
Bidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
Power reserve: Approximately 70 hours
Centre hour, minute and seconds hands
Second time zone with independent rapid-setting of the hour hand
Stop-seconds for precise time setting
Oyster, flat three-piece links
Folding Oysterlock safety clasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
Highly legible Chromalight display with long-lasting blue luminescence
Superlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
Other Existing References
- Reference 126710BLNR-0002: Oystersteel case, Black dial, Blue and black Cerachrom insert, and Jubilee bracelet
- Reference 126710BLRO-0001: Oystersteel case, Black dial, Red and blue Cerachrom bezel insert, and Jubilee bracelet
- Reference 126711CHNR-0002: Oystersteel and Everose gold case, Black dial, Brown and black Cerachrom bezel insert, Oystersteel and Everose gold Oyster bracelet
- Reference 126715CHNR-0001: 18 ct Everose gold case, Black dial, Brown and black Cerachrom bezel insert, and Oyster bracelet in 18 ct Everose gold
- Reference 126719BLRO-0002: 18 ct White gold case, Meteorite dial, Red and blue Cerachrom bezel insert, and Oyster bracelet in 18 ct white gold
- Reference 126719BLRO-0003: 18 ct White gold case, Midnight blue dial, Red and blue Cerachrom bezel insert, and Oyster bracelet in 18 ct white gold