Unveiled during the Watches and Wonders Digital exhibition in April 2021, this new GMT Sport watch in titanium is the first Greubel Forsey creation with a completely integrated metal bracelet. With a new bezel and new finishes, this spectacular timepiece comes in a limited edition of just 33 pieces.
Taking centre stage for the first time on the GMT Sport, the distinctive Greubel Forsey bezel now subtly relieved of the relief engraved key values, takes on a completely new profile. With hand-finished horizontal straight-graining on top and the hand-polished contour and flanks taking on a soft yet striking new form, the bezel is beautifully refined, opening up the dial to attract even greater focus to the essential – the Greubel Forsey movement and hand-finishing, a characteristic of every timepiece.
This new finish highlights the unique profile of the GMT Sport’s bezel, an ellipse that gently curves at 12 o’clock and 6 o’clock to hug the contours of the wrist – a passion for perfect ergonomics that reaffirms the contemporary, everyday style of this exclusive timepiece.
This ergonomic design is further pursued in the new bracelet of this GMT Sport – the first ever metal bracelet on a Greubel Forsey creation. Entirely conceived in the Atelier and specifically for this timepiece, it is fully integrated into the case of the GMT Sport and profiled to seamlessly follow the elliptical shape of its case and bezel.
Faithful to its tradition, Greubel Forsey has devoted particular attention to finishing with three distinct styles distributed over both the lateral and central links: straight graining, frosting and hand-polished bevelling.
For example, frosting was chosen to echo the finish of the lugs, underlining the aesthetic continuity between the case and bracelet. The latter, made of Grade 5 titanium, is lightweight, robust and very strong. It features a fine adjustment system, providing the valuable millimetres of play to allow the wearer to choose between a loose and casual or a snug, wrist-hugging fit.
As for the movement, this new GMT Sport is the first in a unified colour: the mainplate, bridges, globe, second time zone dial and 24-second indicator ring of the Tourbillon 24 Secondes at 1 o’clock are all in the same blue finish. Both the central suspended arched bridge and the Tourbillon Bridge are open-worked to highlight the three dimensional movement architecture of its intense blue finish.
The choice on the one hand of a deep, matte blue and on the other, the polished components in titanium (bridges, globe) or steel (hands, power reserve) accentuate the strong contrasts within the movement itself and ensure perfect legibility.
Thanks to its 42mm case diameter (45mm on the bezel), the expression of the movement’s technicality is perfectly harmonious with the intuitive central hours and minutes display, second time zone at 10 o’clock, power reserve at 3 o’clock and rotating terrestrial globe at 8 o’clock.
With this new livery, more essential and refined than ever, Greubel Forsey offers a new means of expression to two of their signature creations. Their 3rd invention, the Tourbillon 24 Secondes is positioned between 12 o’clock and 2 o’clock. With its cage inclined at a 25° angle and completing a full rotation in 24 seconds, the Tourbillon 24 Secondes provides superior chronometric performance – in addition to the truly unique visual effect.
Then, the terrestrial globe placed between 7 o’clock and 9 o’clock. More than any other, it embodies the three-dimensional time display championed by Greubel Forsey. Thanks to this invention which executes a complete rotation in 24 hours, universal time can be read easily, quickly and intuitively.
Seen from above the North Pole, a ring with 24- hour markings allows the local time to be read for all longitudes while also acting as a day/night indication. On the caseback side, a disc displaying city names surrounded by 2 rings allows the wearer to read UTC Universal and Summer Time for 24 cities in 24 major time zones. It also distinguishes those time zones applying summer time (on a light background) from those who don’t (on a dark background).
Model: Greubel Forsey GMT Sport with Integrated Metal Bracelet
In titanium, blue movement
Hand-wound movement with 3 patents • Patents pending
GMT • 2nd time zone • rotating globe with universal time and day-and-night • universal time on 24 time zones • summer and winter time • cities observing summer time • GMT and Earth pushers • Tourbillon 24 Secondes • hours and minutes • small seconds • power-reserve
• Diameter: 36.90mm
• Thickness: 13.18mm
Number of parts
• Movement: 435 parts
• Tourbillon cage: 88 parts
• Weight of the cage: 0.38g
Number of jewels
• Olived-domed jewels in gold chatons
Chronometric power reserve
• 72 hours
• Two coaxial series-coupled fast-rotating barrels (1 turn in 3.2 hours), one of which is equipped with a slipping spring to avoid excess tension
• Variable-inertia with gold mean-time screws (10mm diameter)
• 21’600 vibrations/hour
• Phillips terminal curve
• Geneva-style stud
Bridges and main plate
• Frosted and spotted, polished bevelling and countersinks, straight-grained flanks, blue treatment
• Multi-level, open-worked and polished suspended-arch bridge, polished bevelling and countersinks, straight-grained flanks
• Open-worked flat black polished tourbillon bridge, spotted, polished bevelling and countersinks, straight-grained flanks
• Inclined at a 25° angle, 24-seconds rotation
• Light alloy cage pillars
• Titanium cage bridges
• Gold counterweight
• Involute circle profile
• Tangential inclined gear on fixed wheel and on escape wheel pinion
• Inclined gear and profiled teeth on intermediate wheels of the sethands mechanism.
• Hours and minutes, on suspended-arch bridge
• Small seconds on disc
• 72-hours power reserve on a sector
• 24-seconds tourbillon rotation
• Rotating titanium globe with universal time
• 2nd time zone GMT
• 24 time zones universal time
• Summer time
• Titanium with curved synthetic sapphire crystal
• Three-dimensional, variable geometry-shaped bezel, hand-polished with hand-finished straight graining
• Profiled lugs, screwed fixing
• Engraved pushers
• Transparent back with high domed synthetic sapphire crystal
• Titanium security screws
• Raised engraving “GMT Sport” and “Greubel Forsey”
• Caseband diameter: 42.00mm
• Bezel diameter: 45.00mm
• Case height: 15.70mm
• Height on synthetic sapphire crystals: 17.80mm
• Water-resistant 10atm – 100m – 328ft (standard NIHS 92-20/SN ISO 22810:2010)
• Titanium and rubber with GF logo
• Colour-coded rubber capping, interchangeable
• Three-dimensional, variable geometry hour-ring, with luminescent hours and minutes indexes
• GMT indicator with raised engraving
• Power-reserve indicator, engraved and lacquered
• Tourbillon rotation indicator in gold
• Rotating globe with fixed day-and-night UTC indicator in synthetic sapphire, engraved and lacquered
• Synthetic sapphire disc displaying city names surrounded by 2 rings (UTC engraved on the case / Summer time engraved on a gold movement plate, lacquered and hand matt-lapped)
• “Summer time” plate with limitation number, raised engraving, hand matt lapped
Hours and minutes, curved profile, polished steel with Super-Luminova
2nd time zone GMT indicator, grey triangle
Small seconds, fixed red triangle
Power-reserve indicator, in polished steel
Aluminium 24-seconds double-tipped hand, black treatment
Strap and clasp
Rubber with text in relief, titanium folding clasp, engraved GF logo
3-row metal bracelet in titanium, folding clasp with integrated fine adjustment, engraved GF logo