SINN presents 717, a new self-winding chronograph inspired by the cockpit clocks produced by the brand in the 1960s.
Originally designed for the German Luftwaffe’s Tornado programme in the late 1970s, the Nabo 17 ZM was a cockpit clock with a central minute counter. These type of cockpit clocks are still used by the military in Tornado multirole combat aircraft. They were also used in the F-104 Starfighter, the Breguet Atlantic – a long-range maritime patrol aircraft – and in military helicopters such as the Bölkow Bo 105.
A special feature of these clocks was the start and reset buttons at the bottom of the case, as well as the easy-to-read orange hands of the chronograph’s central stopwatch display for seconds and minutes.
The design and style of the Nabo 17 ZM provided the inspiration for model 717. This timepiece also features a central stopwatch display for seconds and minutes in the form of large orange hands, which is created using the time-honoured SINN chronograph movement SZ01.
The case houses an interior pilot’s bezel, which can be smoothly operated from the outer diameter of the watch. In keeping with its predecessor, the dial is distinguished by its excellent readability – even in the dark or under adverse lighting conditions – thanks to the sapphire crystal glass with antireflective coating on both sides.
Measuring 45mm diameter, the stainless steel, bead-blasted case features Black Hard Coating on a TEGIMENT Technology basis. The Ar-Dehumidifying Technology ensures greater functional reliability and freedom from fogging. The watch has a water-resistance of 200 meters.
• SINN Movement SZ01
• Self-winding mechanism
• 28 bearing jewels
• 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour
• Seconds stop function
• Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309
• Case made of stainless steel, bead-blasted
• Sapphire crystal glass in front, anti-reflective on both sides
• Case back screw-fastened
• Crown screwable
• Meet the technical requirements for waterproofness, as set out in standard DIN 8310
• Waterproof and pressure-resistant to 20 bar
• Low pressure resistant
• Hours, minutes, subsidiary seconds
• 60-minute stop function from the dial centre
• Date display
• Interior pilot’s bezel with luminous key mark
• Black Hard Coating on a TEGIMENT Technology basis
• Ar-Dehumidifying Technology enhances functional reliability and freedom from fogging
Dimensions and Weight
• Case diameter: 45 mm
• Band lug width: 24 mm
• Case thickness: 15,3 mm
• Weight without strap: 114 gramme
• Matte black dial
• Numbers and indices coated with luminescent colour
• Hour, minute, stopwatch minute and stopwatch second hand coated with luminescent colour
• 3 years