The Longines Legend Diver Watch is now available in colored versions in stainless steel featuring blue or brown dial.
The latest versions of The Longines Legend Diver Watch conserve the spirit and the pure lines of the original timepiece, while benefiting from the brand’s watch-making expertise. They feature up-to-date technical characteristics, such as a box-shaped sapphire glass, two screw-in crowns and a screw-down case back; they are water resistant to 300 metres or they have an automatic movement with a silicon spring balance, made exclusively for Longines.
The blue or brown shaded dial features luminous hands, hour markers interspersed with luminescent squares and Arab numerals enhanced with Super-LumiNova® rectangles for optimum visibility.
Just like on the original model, the 42 mm case back is decorated with an embossed emblem of a diver. A structured blue or brown leather strap matches the colour of the dial.
These new models of The Longines Legend Diver Watch come with a 5-year warranty.
Model: Longines Legend Diver Watch
L3.7184.108.40.206: Blue dial
L3.7220.127.116.11: Brown dial
Mechanical self-winding movement
Calibre L888.5 (ETA A31.L11)
11½ lines, 21 jewels, 25’200 vibrations per hours
Power reserve: 64 hours
Hours, minutes, seconds and date
Round, 42 mm, steel
With internal turning diving bezel
Screw-down case back and two screw-in crowns
Embossed diver symbol on case back
Water-resistance: To 30 bar (300 meters)
Glass: Sapphire crystal box with several layers of anti-reflective coating
Blue or brown lacquered graduated shading
Indices with squares coated with Super-LumiNova®, Arabic numerals underscored with luminescent rectangles
Hands: Polished rhodium-plated with Super-LumiNova®
Brown leather with buckle
Blue structured leather with buckle
Historic Waterproof Watches and Diver’s Timepieces from Longines
- World’s first Chronograph with patented water-proof push-buttons and Flyback-function Longines ref. 4270 (1937): Movement 13ZN with Flyback-mechanism, case diameter 38 mm, mushroom-shaped pushers. Longines filed a patent for the innovative waterproof chronograph wristwatch with mushroom-shaped push buttons in Feb. 1938.
- Longines H.S. (Hydrographic Survey) Military Diver’s Wristwatch for the British Royal Navy Frogmen (1942/43): Water-resistant, sterling silver case made by Albert Thomas Oliver, diameter of 51 mm. Screwed down bezel and back, winding crown protected by a screwed cap. Movement Longines cal. 12.68N. About 50 watches were produced for the Hydrographic Survey Dept.
- Longines Nautilus Skin Diver, ref. 6921 (1958): Three-body stainless steel case by Piquerez SA,resisting water pressure up to 120m, diameter of 40 mm, screw back embossed with a diver motif. Bidirectional black revolving bezel calibrated for 60 minutes. Self-winding movement, cal. 19AS. Patented case-sealing “Compressor”-technology.
- Super-Compressor Longines Diver’s watch, ref. 7042 (1959): Two-body case of 42 mm with screw back, produced by Piquerez SA and waterproof to 120m. Self-winding cal. 19AS., beating at 18’000 bhp. Instead of an external bezel that could be damaged by underwater obstacles, Longines used a bidirectional rotating inner disc calibrated for 60 minutes.
- Longines Super-Compressor Diver’s watch, ref. 7494 (1964): Self-winding cal. 290 beating at 19’800 bhp, stronger crowns, waterproof to 200 m.
- Longines Super -Compressor Diver’s watch, ref. 7594 (1965): Self-winding cal. 290 beating at 19’800 bhp, waterproof to 200 m.
- Longines Skindiver Chronograph, ref. 7981 (1967): Bordeaux-colored turning bezel, calibrated for 12 hours and 60 minutes, three-body case with screw back, diameter 40 mm. Movement cal. 530, which corresponds to the cal. 30CH, with flyback mechanism. Chronograph with enlarged 30 minutes counter at three o’clock.
- Longines Ultra -Chron Diver, ref. 7970 (1967/68): First Diver’s watch driven by a high-frequency movement (oscillating at 36’000 beats/hour): Highly accurate movement (cal. 431) manufactured by Longines, guaranteed to an accuracy of two seconds a day. Stainless steel case of 41 mm. waterproof up to 200m. Unidirectional turning bezel.
- Longines Ultra-Chron Super-Compressor Diver’s watch, ref. 8221 (1968): Stainless steel case of 43 mm by E. Piquerez. Intended for professional divers, it resists pressures up to 300m. Hardened mineral glass, inner rotating bezel. Driven by Ultra-Chron high-frequency movement (cal. 431), oscillating at 36 000 bph.
- Longines Diver’s Chronograph, ref. 8224 (1968): Cushion-shaped stainless steel case of 42mm, made by Piquerez. Inner rotating bezel with a count-down minute-scale for underwater excursions operated by the crown at 10 o’clock. Stainless steel case resisting pressure of up to 200m. Equipped with cal. 332.
- Longines Ultronic Diver, ref. 8484 (1970): Stainless steel case of 41mm, waterproof up to 200m. Electronic tuning fork movement, Longines cal. 6312 based on ESA 9162. Accurate to 2 seconds a day. Unidirectional turning bezel in bright orange.
- Longines Super-Compressor Military Diver’s watch for the Royal Australian Navy (1971/72): Enhanced waterproofness to 300m, calendar date and inside turning bezel, automatic winding, cal. 6651