Swiss luxury watch brand Maurice Lacroix has added the talented Korean-American violinist, Danny Koo to the ML Crew, a talented and passionate group of people from all around the world.
The Korean-American violinist has always been disciplined throughout his career, practising musical scores over and over again. He knows the meaning of hard work and realises that it is a prerequisite for success.
As an accomplished violinist, Danny Koo has made a career by understanding the importance of timing. However, he has also grown to view time at a macro level. «Time is routine and routine is a key component to my life. »
However, Danny also appreciates the value of time from a philosophical perspective. The quote ‘Success is a journey, not a destination’, is clearly something that resonates with Danny. «It is so important to realise the beauty of the present. A few years back, I found myself always focussing on the next destination, next piece of music, next concert and I realised I wasn’t truly enjoying the ‘now’.» Often with age and experience comes maturity and Danny has realised that to remain ambitious and motivated, he has to enjoy the present.
Similar to Danny, Maurice Lacroix employs much creativity in order to produce new watches. It is this shared vision that appealed to Stéphane Waser, Managing Director: «We support talented individuals who have a strong desire to realise their ambitions. Danny shares our values. Like Maurice Lacroix, he appreciates the importance of precision timing. For Maurice Lacroix this may mean skilfully regulating a movement while for Danny it means hitting the right notes at the right time.»
Danny has enjoyed the sweet taste of success on several occasions, but he continues to push himself, seeking fresh challenges and new journeys. Recently, he released a new album called ‘Connected’ and he hopes with its release, more people around the globe will discover his music.
The Achievements of Danny Koo
• 12-city South Korea tour with Yuhki Kuramoto
• «Ongheya» concerto with the Korean National Orchestra (Lotte Concert Hall)
• «Danny’s Talk Concert» with OLYMPUS Korea (Sejong Hall)
• Daegu E-World Drive-In Concert
• Seoul Spring Festival
• Piazzolla and Vivaldi Four Seasons (Lotte Concert Hall) with Maestro Gum Nanse
• Kim Kashkashian, Philippe Graffin, Jaime Laredo, Andres Diaz, Roberto Diaz, Clive Greensmith, Soovin Kim, Lluis Claret, Joseph Kalichstein, Barry Shiffman, Vivian and Donald Weilerstein
Television Work On Korean Television
• MBC’s ‘TV Art Show’
• EBS ‘Music Box’ & ‘Let’s Play with Art’
• JTBC ‘Classic Today’
• Mnet ‘Classic Dominant’
• Pinkfong (Baby Shark) Classic Guide
• Arirang ‘Heart to Heart’
• PoPoPo Friends
Other Key Facts
• Regular participant in Kim Kashkashian’s ‘Music for Food’
• Partnered with ‘Pinkfong’ (creators of Baby Shark) to educate and engage with the young about the world of classical music
• Taught at New England Conservatory’s Preparatory School
• Taught at Toronto’s Academy Chamber Orchestra
• Rebanks Fellowship at the Royal Conservatory of Music, Toronto, Canada
• Master of Music – New England Conservatory, Boston, USA
• Bachelor of Music – New England Conservatory, Boston, USA