Limited to 300 pieces, the SINN Model R500 is a motor-sports inspired chronograph made of high-strength titanium.
What sets this watch apart visually is the position of the crown at 12 o’clock and the push-pieces at 11 and 1 o’clock. Thanks to this arrangement, the Model R500 represents an analogy to the traditional stopwatch and motorsport. The tachymeter scale on the interior bezel is used to measure speeds.
With the power reserve indicator at 12 o’clock, you can always see whether the timepiece is ready to go. The displays for hour, minute and subsidiary second and the stop functions for 12 hours, 30 minutes and 60 seconds are mounted in the centre for high-precision time measurement.
The R500 watch is equipped with the Valjoux 7750 self-winding chronograph movement. The unusual positions of the crown and push-pieces – also known as the “bullhead chronograph” due to the appearance of a bull’s head – require an extremely demanding case construction. The dial slopes downwards from top to bottom and is thus angled towards the wearer, who can conveniently adjust the crown and push-pieces at the wrist.
The satinised case is made of high-strength titanium (Grade 5), which underlines the technical and contemporary interpretation of the watch and ensures a comfortable fit. The 42mm diameter case is topped with a sapphire crystal glass. The watch features a solid case back, secured with 8 screws.
Waterproof and pressure-resistant to 20 bar, the R500 is equipped with a black cowhide strap with red seam integrated into the case. The recessed strap embossing pays homage to the hole-pattern design so common in motorsport.
Model: SINN R500
• Valjoux 7750
• Self-winding mechanism
• 25 bearing jewels
• 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour
• Seconds stop function
• Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309
• Case made of high-strength titanium, satinised
• Sapphire crystal glass in front, anti-reflective on both sides
• Case back screw-fastened
• Crown screwable
• Meet the technical requirements for waterproofness, as set out in standard DIN 8310
• Waterproof and pressure-resistant to 20 bar
• Low pressure resistant
• Hours, minutes, subsidiary seconds
• Date display
• Interior tachymeter scale up to 500 km/h
• Power reserve indicator
Dimensions and Weight
• Case diameter: 42 mm
• Band lug width: 24 mm
• Case thickness: 16 mm at 12 o’clock and 13 mm at 6 o’clock
• Weight without strap: 74.5 gramme
Dial and Hands
• Matte black dial
• Indices coated with luminescent colour
• Hour and minute hand coated with luminescent colour
• 2 years