The new Type 5X limited edition timepiece belongs to the brand’s Collection X, which was introduced in July 2020 with the Type 1 Slim X watch for marking the 10th anniversary of Ressence.
Each of the four watches of the Ressence Collection X is limited to 40 pieces, with the dark olive-green colour being the common thread linking all pieces.
The Type 5X watch is a result of collaboration with Eugenio Amos, founder of Automobili Amos. A speed-loving racing driver and eclectic collector, Eugenio is a visionary entrepreneur. One of his outstanding creations is the Lancia Delta Futurista that made its debut in 2018 at the Grand Basel motor show.
Costing a whopping $350,000, this car is the modern interpretation of the iconic Lancia Delta Integrale produced by Italian automobile manufacturer Lancia. The Futurista utilises an original Delta chassis as a base and is completed with state-of-the-art technology and design practices.
The collaboration started in the form of a question when Eugenio Amos came to visit the Ressence studio in Antwerp. The mission was to make a genuine driver watch that has a function related to time and cars.
The watch is made of grade 5 titanium. The bezel on the Type 5X is a prominent part of the design. The markings on the bezel are original and directly related to the collaboration with Automobili Amos and the functioning of the turbos.
Its unidirectional bezel is divided into two distinct parts. The first one is dedicated to the warm-up of the engine (15min) – the S stands for Start, D for Drive and R for Race – while the other one is dedicated to the cooling of the Turbos (10 min).
The dial and sub dials are inspired by the Lancia Delta Futurista graphics. With the addition of new colours such as red and yellow, the olive-green softens and darkens in the Type 5X with the presence of oil.
On the steering wheel of the Lancia Delta Futurista, you find the so-called “levati” button. The Type 5X is already highly legible from low angles thanks to the oil but the levati rubber accessory adds a new dimension of function, enabling the driver to wear his watch on the side of his wrist.
This Limited Edition Type 5X also comes with two straps as standard. One being made by the same Alacantara found in the Lancia Futurista and a second in green rubber.
The Type 5X limited edition watch is equipped with the proprietary Ressence Orbital Convex System, powered by a specially customised 2824/2 calibre. The winding and time setting controls of the watch are located on the case back side.
Limited to 40 pieces, the Type 5X watch has a retail price of 36’500 USD.
• Shock absorber (90 Seconds Runner)
• Oil Temperature
• Driver’s bezel (Warming/Cooling Engine)
• Patented ROCS 5 – Ressence Orbital Convex System – driven by the minute axle of a specially customised 2824/2 calibre
• Caseback winding and time setting with RCLS – Ressence Compression Lock System
• Magnetic Transmission
• Compensating Bellow System for the oil (7 Bellows)
• Hydraulic Shock Absorber
• 36 hours power reserve
• 28,800 vibrations per hour
• 41 jewels
• 25 gears
• Convex microbilled grade 5 titanium dial (125mm radius) with 3 eccentric biaxial satellites inclined at 3° (hours), 4.75° (thermal gauge and seconds)
• Engraved indications filled with Superluminova
• Polished grade 5 titanium
• Two separate sealed chambers with the upper one filled with 37.5 ml of oil
• Domed sapphire crystals top and bottom with both sides anti-reflective coating
• Uni-directional bezel
• 46mm (diameter) x 15.5 mm (thickness)
• 10 ATM water-resistance
• Numbered caseback
Buckle & Strap
• Ardillon Buckle in grade 5 titanium
• Brown Alacantara strap and green rubber strap (24/24mm)
• Levati rubber
Type 5X – Limited to 40 pieces
34’200 EUR (21% vat included)/ 36’500 USD