SINN presents U50, a professional grade diving timepiece made from the German Submarine Steel.
This durable timepiece comes in a 41mm diameter case, which also ensures comfortable wearing. The case and crown are made of high-strength seawater resistant German Submarine Steel. This type of steel stands out not only for its extremely high strength and exceptional non-magnetic properties but also for its especially high resistance to seawater.
This diver’s watch is noticeable for its striking matte-black dial and a display that concentrates on the essentials. The watch features a captive diver’s bezel with minute ratcheting. As it may experience high levels of stress during use, the bezel surface is hardened using TEGIMENT Technology, making it especially scratch-resistant.
The classification company DNV GL certifies the diving capability of the U50 watch. DNV GL verifies and certifies pressure resistance to a diving depth of 500 metres (= 50 bar) and temperature resistance and functionality in accordance with the European diving equipment standards.
The U50 watch is equipped with a SW300-1 self-winding movement. The watch features sapphire crystal front glass with anti-reflective on both sides and screw-fastened steel case back. The hour-markers and hands of this timepiece are coated with luminescent colour.
• Self-winding mechanism
• 25 bearing jewels
• 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour
• Seconds stop function
• Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309
• Case made of German Submarine Steel, bead-blasted
• Sapphire crystal glass in front, anti-reflective on both sides
• Case back screw-fastened
• Crown screwable
• Meet the technical requirements for water-proofness, as set out in standard DIN 8310
• Pressure-resistant up to 500 m diving depth (= 50 bar), certified by DNV GL
• According to the technical demands for the diving norm DIN 8306
• Tested based on European diving equipment standards EN 250 / EN14143 and certified by DNV GL
• Low pressure resistant
• Hours, minutes, seconds
• Date display
• Diver’s bezel with minute ratcheting and luminous key mark
• Bezel with TEGIMENT Technology, therefore especially scratch-resistant
• Captive bezel
Dimensions and Weight
• Case diameter: 41 mm
• Band lug width: 20 mm
• Case thickness: 11.15 mm
• Weight without strap: 74 gramme
Dial and Hands
• Matte black dial
• Indices coated with luminescent colour
• Hour, minute and second hand coated with luminescent colour
• 2 years
- U0 SDR: German Submarine Steel case with bead-blasted finish; Bezel with Black Hard Coating on a TEGIMENT Technology basis
- U 50 S: German Submarine Steel case with Black Hard Coating on a TEGIMENT Technology basis