The Laboratoire Darwin is the latest addition to the Hegid’s Laboratoire series. Introducing after the Laboratoire Clandestin watch, this new timepiece also incorporates the brand’s Evolutive Watchmaking concept featuring capsules, carrures and bracelets.
This new model pays tribute to Charles Darwin (12 February 1809 – 19 April 1882), the English naturalist, geologist and biologist, best known for his contributions to the science of evolution.
The very idea of evolution is at the heart of the Hegid Maison, whose patented system allows their watches to adapt to any change and thus ensure its survival. It was therefore quite natural to pay tribute to the author of the adaptive evolution theory with this new version.
The art-deco design of the Laboratoire Darwin was inspired by the slender watches of the 1920s. Its carrure in stainless steel features fine brushed finish on its surface. The Laboratoire Darwin incorporates the chocolate dial variant of the “Inaugural Series Capsule” that also houses a Swiss-made mechanical automatic movement.
The watch is paired with a Courage cocoa-colored Nubuck leather bracelet.
Model: Hegid Laboratoire Darwin
Inaugural Series Capsule
– Swiss Made automatic mechanical movement
– 40 hours power reserve
– 100 meters depth waterproofness (screwed crown, tube and bottom)
– Anti-scratch and anti-reflective sapphire crystal glass
– Embossed dial with luminescent hands and indexes
– Quick and easy patented titanium “Capslock” fastener
– Unit serial number engraved
Laboratoire Darwin Carrure
– Brushed satin stainless steel case
– Brushed finishes with satin screws
– Diameter: 38.5 mm
– Horn to horn length: 47 mm.
– Cocoa Nubuck leather bracelet with Ecru stitching
– Offered natural rubber bracelet
– “Flash” easy quick fastener
– Pin buckle.
Full set price: 2800 €
Inaugural Series Capsule: 2400 €
Laboratoire Darwin Carrure: 300 €
Courage bracelet: 100 €