The family owned Italian Jewellery Company Grimoldi Milano was founded by Anselmo e Rosanna Grimoldi in 1964. Today, managed by his descendents, the company has been specialized in the manufacturing of high jewellery creations and watches.
Switzerland is well-renowned in the production and distribution of luxury and fashion watches. Grimoldi has revisited the styles adding an aesthetic value to the Swiss creations thanks to a refined, original and innovative design, thus ensuring the high quality of the product.
Gran Tipo Ovale: big…type…oval…The G.T.O watch is a fusion of two icons: The 1970s Grimoldi Borgonovo Watch designed by Giorgio Grimoldi, the son of the founder and the legendary Ferrari 250 GTO, the most valuable collector car in the world.
The fluid curve which characterized the Borgonovo watch project is enriched with vibrant emotions, sparked by the idea to interpret and capture the smooth, romantic and aggressive forms of Ferrari 250 G.T.O.
Equipped with a Swiss automatic movement ETA 2824, the watch comes in a stainless steel case. The watch proudly features a number of unique design features inspired by the Ferrari 250 G.T.O. car.
- Shape of the case is inspired by the large arc connects the rear glass of the car with the frontal light.
- Strap attachment is inspired by the “front air intake” of the car.
- Case-middle is inspired by the “torpedoes” of the sides of the car.
- Case-back is inspired by the rear-view mirror of the car.
- Winding crown is inspired by the wheel hubs of the car.
- Support for the calendar lens is inspired by the chrome frame of the tachometer.
- Calendar indicator is inspired by the red color hand of the tachometer.
- Central second hand is inspired by the three spokes of the steering wheel.
- Eight hour markers of the dial are inspired by the thin lever and the spherical handle of the gearbox.
- The hour markers 12 & 6 are inspired by the rear spoiler of the car.
- Hour and minute hands are inspired by the belts of the engine.
- The central ring of the dial, fixed by four screws, is inspired by the head of the engine.
- Design of the strap is inspired by the pattern of car seats and upholstery.
- The buckle, marked with the Italian tricolor, is inspired by the oval of the Monza circuit.
Swiss automatic movement ETA 2824 with customized rotor
Size: 57.95 x 36.40 mm
Ergonomic case made in 316L steel
Double sealed pressure crown
Water resistance: 5 atm
Dome sapphire crystal with four anti-reflective treatments
Screwed case back and personalized with enamel color
Skeleton three-dimensional dial
Fluorescent dial index with Swiss Supeluminova
Calendar window positioned at hour 3 with magnifying lens treated with anti-reflection
Natural leather strap with rhomboidal design
Strap with 20mm hidden attachment
Buckle in steel 316 L personalized with enamel color
MILANO Piazza Duomo 21
PORTOFINO Via Roma 39