OMEGA’s famous Constellation Gents’ collection is now welcoming its 5th generation of models. There are 26 new models to choose from in the diverse selection, all sized at 39 mm. Crafted from the most exquisite materials, such as 18K yellow gold, 18K Sedna
Following a similar makeover for its Constellation ladies’ models in 2018, all of the gents’ models have been given significant updates.
– Polished and bevelled edges along the case, claws and bracelet, which deliver a renewed sense of refinement.
– Slimmer bezels with redesigned Roman numerals.
– Slimmer claws that fit gracefully around the case.
– A conical crown for added sophistication
– Redesigned hands and hour-markers, which have taken inspiration from the triangular facets of the Freedom Tower in New York.
– Metal bracelets with new mid-bar links and a comfort-release function, or leather straps in various colours.
Finally, all of the 39 mm models in the Constellation Gents’ collection have been upgraded to Master Chronometer status – achieving the Swiss industry’s highest certification for precision, performance and magnetic resistance.
Although the OMEGA Constellation line was first launched in 1952, it was the models released in 1982 that first introduced the familiar look that we recognise today. Most notably, the features of those 1982 models included the four “claws” on the side of the case, the barrel shaped case with its half-moon facets at the top and bottom, the mono-link bracelet and also the perfectly circular dial and indexes on the bezel. These details have remained an integral part of the Constellation collection through the years, including the softer and rounder 2nd generation in 1995; the robust “Double Eagle” in 2003; and the elegant Constellation ’09 in 2009.