15 years after its creation, the Hublot Big Bang watch features its first integrated metal bracelet, with the first link fused with the case.
Launched at Baselworld in 2005, the Big Bang, a fusion of steel, ceramic and rubber, introduced the Art of Fusion and its iconic design – a huge success for Hublot.
In 2020, to mark its 15th anniversary, the Big Bang is available for the first time in its history with a tailored integrated bracelet which sits perfectly against the skin. The aesthetic signature of this unique bracelet is powerful enough for it to be instantly associated with that of the Big Bang.
Three links: one central and two lateral; in that respect, at least, a standard bracelet. But then its sharp style adopts the codes of the case, with edges that not only echo the aesthetic of the pushers but also the architecture of the middle with is cutouts.
The polished and satin-finished surfaces, and the bevelling and chamfering of the links, create the same effect of depth and contrast as between the case and the bezel lug.
Of course, an integrated bracelet means a redesigned case. While its dial and bezel are identical to the existing Big Bang 42 mm model – with the exception of the indices which replace the Arabic numerals – its pushers return to the codes of the original model from 2005.
It is these pushers which inspired the style of the bracelet, with their interplay of angles and chamfers and alternating polished and satin finishes punctuating the watch, from the middle to the bracelet.
The Big Bang Integral retains its iconic “sandwich” construction, this time without the composite resin insert, with the watch crafted entirely from one material – Titanium, King Gold, or Ceramic. The only exceptions are the black composite resin lugs on its bezel and the crown overmoulded with rubber.
It is released in three materials inextricably linked to the history of Hublot: lightweight titanium, hardwearing, scratch-proof ceramic (500 pieces) and King Gold, a unique alloy exclusive to Hublot.
King Gold: 451.OX.1180.OX
All Black: 451.CX.1140.CX
Limited to 500 pieces
Titanium: Satin-finished and polished Titanium
King Gold: Satin-finished and polished 18K King Gold
All Black: Satin-finished and polished black Ceramic
Water resistance: 10 ATM (100m)
– Titanium: Satin-finished Titanium and Sapphire crystal
– King Gold: Satin-finished 18K King Gold and Sapphire crystal
– All Black: Satin-finished black Ceramic and Sapphire crystal
– Titanium: Satin-finished and polished Titanium
– King Gold: Satin-finished and polished 18K King Gold
– All Black: Satin-finished and polished Black Ceramic
6 H-shaped black-plated Titanium screws
Matte black Skeleton
HUB1280 – UNICO proprietary manufacture movement – V2
• Horizontal double clutch chronograph mechanism
• Column wheel visible from the dial
• 30 mm in diameter
• 3-day power reserve
• Flat automatic winding system
• 6.75 mm thick movement
• 14.5 mm thick case
• Architecture designed to facilitate assembly and reveal more of its working parts
• technical innovations (4 patents): oscillating seconds clutch, chronograph friction system with ball bearing adjustment, ratchet retaining system with unidirectional gears, index-assembly fine adjustment system
• Double ball bearing reverser
• 354 components and 43 jewels
– Titanium: Satin-finished and polished titanium bracelet with Titanium deployant buckle clasp
– King Gold: Satin-finished and polished 18K King Gold bracelet with 18K King Gold deployant buckle clasp
– All Black: Satin-finished and polished black Ceramic bracelet with black-plated Titanium deployant buckle clasp
– Titanium: 19’900 CHF/20’700 EUR/20’900 USD/17’300 GBP
– King Gold: 49’900 CHF/51’800 EUR/52’500 USD/43’500 GBP
– All Black: 21’900 CHF/22’700 EUR/23’100 USD/19’100 GBP