Sarek Akka marked a return to traditional uncolored Damascus steel in the GoS Sarek collection when it was introduced in 2017. It was also the first model to feature a counter weight in damascus steel and is now the first to feature two new options of bespoke elements, a handsculped damascus steel crown and made-to-order straps with a new GoS deployant buckle.
GoS has made crowns in handsculpted damascus steel ever since the first GoS watches more than 10 years ago. The Sarek collection introduced a new crown shape in 2016 which was inspired by Viking sword hilts. This design has been further developed into the damascus steel crowns of the Viking watch Väring and is now also available as an option for the Sarek collection. The crown is handsculpted from stainless damascus steel that has been forged to a density which results in a pattern with lines thinner than those of a fingerprint.
GoS watch straps normally are made from moose leather that we source ourselves. However, the Sarek collections dress watch qualities are sometimes better matched with a tapered strap in a more glossy leather. We now offer alternatives to further personalize the watch in both leather qualities and stitching to match or contrast the dial´s color range. The GoS 20mm deployant buckle is Swiss made and supplier´s patented and elegant snap lock mechanism has been proven to be flawless by major premium watch brands.
The main source of inspiration for the monochrome Sarek Akka was found in the most impressive massif of Swedish Lapland – Akka. Akka is located just north of Sarek and is often referred to as “The Queen of Lapland” since Akka means “grandmother” or “goddess” in Saami language. The massif is surrounded by low growing mountain Birch, which is illustrated by scroll engravings on the watch bezel. This detailed engraving is made by master engraver Stanley Stoltz who is a legend among knife and rifle collectors.
The Sarek chapter ring and the case ring both draw inspiration from authentic Viking bracelets and brooches. Sarek is also the first GoS model to feature the new GoS crown, which is shaped much like the form of a Viking sword hilt. The neck of the GoS crown is deeply recessed into the case, thereby securing the crown and mechanism from side impacts. The hands are high gloss polished in a Dauphine finish with a center ridge which bears a closer resemblance to the Viking arrow and spear heads that inspired the first GoS hands.
The Sarek is powered by a Soprod A10 movement that has been customized with a GoS triskele rotor. The dark GoS rotor has a circular satinization as finish and is equipped with an additional counter weight made from Damascus steel. The counter weight is finished for maximum contrasts on the surface and high gloss polished bevels.
Model: GoS Sarek Akka
● Case: 43.0mmx10.5mm (5ATM)
● Lug width: 22mm
● Glass: Domed sapphire glass with double sided AR coating, extra hard on outside
● Movement: Soprod A10 with GoS triskele rotor, dark satinized and addititional counter weight in Damascus steel
● Dial: 164 layered steel Damascus steel with a Wildflower pattern and a greyscale high contrast finishing.
● Bezel: Scroll engraving by Stanley Stoltz
● Index ring/rehaut: Two layers combining previous GoS design with inspiration from viking bracelets.
● Hands: GoS spear shape in high gloss polished Rhodinated finish
● Crown: GoS design in highgloss polished with satinized grooves. 7mm in diameter and with double gaskets. Optional handsculpted crown in stainless damascus steel.
● Case finishing: Stainless steel, worked and finished with inspiration from viking bracelets.
● Strap: Handcrafted Chocolate brown or Black Moose leather, fitted with stainless steel GoS buckle. Optional tapered 22-20mm strap in leather quality and stitching selected by client and fitted with premium GoS 20mm Swiss made folding buckle in stainless steel.
● Every watch engraved with “Sarek 1/1” to indicate that every watch is a unique piece in addition to a serial number.
● Five year guarantee
● Delivered in handcrafted presentation box in Walnut, made by Kanevad wood artists
The retail price of Sarek Akka starts from US$11,800 + applicable taxes. Additional prices of bespoke tapered straps with a GoS folding buckle or a crown in Damascus steel start from US$500 each.