With the latest creation, Carl Suchy & Söhne honor their historical roots: The Waltz N°1 Gold pays homage to the unique pocket watches that the company manufactured around 1900 – during the golden era of Viennese Modernism.
The Waltz N°1 Gold features a high-quality 18-carat gold case. Like the flagship model “Waltz N°1”, the gold version of the automatic watch is characterized by puristic elegance and clear lines.
The ultra slim automatic movement VMF 5401 (Swiss Made) by Vaucher Manufacture Fleurier features a power reserve of 48 hours and was adapted by Swiss watchmaker Marc Jenni – one of the most renowned contemporary watchmakers and former member of the Académie Horlogère des Créateurs Indépendants (AHCI) – to accommodate a rotating seconds disc at 6 o’clock, whose striped guilloche pattern matches with that of the dial once a minute.
During Baselworld 2019, the Viennese watch brand presented two versions with a white and a black dial each.
- 41.5 mm Ø 18ck gold case (750 yellow gold), 9.3 mm in height.
- Ultra-slim automatic movement VMF 5401 (hours, minutes, seconds), visible through transparent sapphire crystal case-back.
- Dial with vertical and horizontal guilloche stripe pattern.
- Guilloché second disc at 6 o’clock.
- Gold plated decentralized micro-rotor.
- 29 rubies.
- 48 hours of power reserve.
- Waterproof up to 3 bar / 30 m.
- 18ck security folding clasp (yellow gold 750) with Carl Suchy & Söhne logo.
- Gold plated hands and markers.
- Black alligator strap.
As on 20 July 2021, the Carl Suchy & Söhne Waltz N°1 Gold watch is available in Black, Blue, Gold and White dial versions. Each version is limited to 5 pieces. The retail price is 18,945 Euros.