The Voutilainen 28 E wristwatch perfectly encapsulates the philosophy of Kari Voutilainen. Its elegant and strong mechanism is housed in a stylish and robust case.
The in-house movement of the Vingt-8 was designed, built, fabricated, finished and assembled in its entirety in Voutilainen workshops. The design and philosophy of the movement combines respect for longevity and precision with classical watchmaking tradition.
The movement has a very large balance wheel manufactured in-house, allowing perfect regulation of the watch to within strict tolerances. To equip such an exceptional timepiece, a very rare and unique balance- spring system has been used. The exterior of the spring uses a typical Phillips overcoil, while the internal curve uses the little known Grossmann curve.
The escapement makes the movement very special; this is the first watch to have two escapement wheels in such a configuration. The escapement wheels give a direct impulse to the balance through the impulse roller/jewel. This escapement is extremely efficient and requires much less energy than traditional lever escapements, offering benefits in terms of longevity and stability in day-to-day use.
The balance-wheel bridge is sublimely elegant, offering an unimpeded view of the escapement and balance. It also allows the enthusiast to admire the synchronized movements of the escapement wheels.
The watch is finished to the highest standards. The surfaces of pinions and wheels are completely flat and highly polished to within exceptionally uniform tolerances. All finishing work on the main plate and bridges is by hand to achieve the highest possible levels of surface finish. Screws and all steel parts are finished and polished by hand.
The elegant dial is entirely fabricated in house. Dial is made from gold and is completely covered with “grand feu” enamel.
Voutilainen 28 E wristwatch
– In-house movement. Design, construction, fabrication, finishing and assembly in
– 30mm x 5.60mm movement
– New escapement, with two escapement wheels, direct impulse
– Main plate and bridges manufactured from German silver
– Wheels manufactured from rose gold
– 21 jewels
– 65-hours power reserve
– Free sprung balance wheel with rose gold timing weights frequency of
– Balance diameter 13.60mm with Phillips/Grossmann balance spiral
– 39mm x 11.5mm thick, titanium case and crown, manufactured in house
– Sapphire glasses front and back, anti-reflection treatment on front
– Solid gold dial made in house covered with “grand feu” enamel
– Hand sewn crocodile strap with titanium buckle