Refinement, performance, efficiency and elegance: The four fundamentals that distinguish the bold aesthetic footprint of CVSTOS, from the design to the realization of its timepieces. While the aesthetic trend of watches is emerging in the neo-retro movement, CVSTOS is looking ahead and unveils the new version of the now-classic “Chronograph Challenge”.
After unveiling its predecessor in 2013, the time has come to give birth in its third phase of development ‘CHALLENGE III CHRONOGRAPH-S’.
Constantly searching for balance and performance, Cvstos opts for a decidedly sporty and contemporary style at the same time offering a new timeless version of this flagship piece of the brand.
Keeping the same features as its predecessor, the CHALLENGE III CHRONOGRAPH-S includes a “CVSTOS-577” automatic chronograph movement with high efficiency, characterized by a new bimetallic rotor (Tungsten 88 & Titanium Grade 5) whose inertial characteristics have been optimized ensuring a better acceleration of the oscillating weight. CVSTOS has chose a return to its roots and updated the famous ‘S’ line (‘Sport’) characterized by a small seconds hand with three branches, by a new power reserve display which is read through a counter and 2 charge indicators.
This new three-dimensional display with ergonomic reading is enhanced by the famous sword shaped hands of its beginnings, whose specific design gives it readability and visibility day and night.
To enhance the modularity and ergonomics, this chapter III inherits the complex construction of 4 pieces of its predecessor, while optimizing the weight of the case by the use of different avant-garde materials in:-
1. Container in Titanium Grade 5.
2. Case back in Titanium Grade 5.
3. Crown and pushers in Titanium Grade 5
4. Brancards in Grade 5 Titanium; Gold 5N; ITR2 ceramic composite material.
5. Crown and pushers protection in Titanium Grade 5
The timepiece offers optimized readability thanks to the new configuration of the dial, broken down into 2 reading axes:-
• The vertical axis consisting of 2 counters (at 12 o’clock the minute counter & at 6 o’clock the hour counter) enhanced by precious metal discs with an elegant diamond finish.
• The horizontal axis, slightly set back, shows at 9 o’clock the small second with a three branched hand and at 3 o’clock the effective power reserve of minimum of 42 hours, which is read through a window and 2 charge indicators, and finally on the same level the indication of the date. This refined style gives to this three-dimensional structure a perfect visibility on the functional elements of the movement. The sword-shaped hands, the barrel shaped rim including the tachymetric scale, the indexes alternated by applied numerals enhanced by a treated inlay of luminescent material contribute to a great clarity and readability of the entire dial. Therefore, the hour display takes centre stage without confusing the reading of the indication of the chronograph functions magnified by 2, finely diamond finished, oversized counters.
Comfort and ergonomics are the main points for this marvel of style and technology. The presence of pockets on the case and the rubber strap contribute to enhance the sporty look of the watch while giving it an increased lightness.
Defined by this new barrel-shaped case, the CHALLENGE III CHRONOGRAPH-S, is defined by clean and racy lines with a multi-component architecture, powerful and generous at the same time. Water resistant to 100 meters, like all CVSTOS timepieces, the collection is available in multi-component metal or composite mounted on a Grade 5 titanium container base offering different color possibilities.
The watch is worn on an NBR® (rubber) strap and the strap closes with a double-pusher folding clasp.
CHALLENGE case Tonneau-shaped, 53.70mm X 41mm
CHALLENGE GT case Tonneau-shaped, 59mm X 45mm
Materials: Titanium & Pink Gold 5N
Caseback Open with sapphire crystal
Crystal: Sapphire none-reflecting coating
Water-resistance: 100 meters
Screws: Polished titanium grade 5, exclusive CVSTOS TECHNOLOGY pattern
Crown: Screw-down, polished titanium grade 5, Nitril insert
Push-button: Titanium grade 5
Sapphire, none-reflective coating, exclusive CVSTOS TECHNOLOGY decoration
Indexes: Super-Luminova treated
Hands: Pierced and Super-Luminova treated
Calibre CVSTOS 577 automatic chronograph
Power-reserve 42 hours minimum
Rotor Exclusive CVSTOS TUNGSTEN 88 & TITANIUM TECHNOLOGY alloy
Frequency 28,800 vibrations per hour
Chronograph, power-reserve indicator, date
Buckle Folding clasp