German watch brand Laco presents Scorpion, a new and flexible sports watch that can be taken into various adventurous activities from the mountains to the desert or tropical rain-forests and scuba diving.
With this model, which is available in a total of four colour variations, Laco has expanded its range of squad watches. With prices starting at €930, the new watch is significantly more affordable than the existing „Ocean“ and „Seven Seas“ models, but retains their sporty looks and technical details.
As such, the Pforzheim-based watch manufacturer offers this new product with the same „Laco 24“ automatic mechanism, which is based on the reliable ETA 2824.2 with the Elaboré quality standards.
These four watches, all of which are „Made in Germany“ share the same black dial with white Arabic numerals as well as the shape of their casing.
They differ, however, in their visual colour accents, with the black, unidirectional bezel, the indices and the minute hand being coated in luminous Superluminova paint in white, green, blue, or orange.
The long-lasting afterglow effect ensures optimal readability in low lighting conditions or even complete darkness.
The 42 mm diameter „Scorpion“model also resists external influences. This is assured thanks to the solid stainless steel case, and the fact that both the caseback and the crown are screwed into place.
The double domed sapphire crystal is scratch-resistant. Its internal anti-reflective coating means that reflections are reduced, with improved transparency.
The watch is also waterproof to 30 atmospheres and, to ensure that the watch can be used to the full in the water, different models are available, with a choice of a black rubber or stainless steel strap. The stainless steel caseback of the watch features an engraved scorpion.
Models: HIMALAYA, AMAZONAS, ATLANTIK & MOJAVE
Stainless steel case, turnable bezel and indexes coated with Superluminova
– Ø 42 mm, double curved sapphire crystal, water resistant up to 30 ATM, case back with „scorpion“relief
– Automatic movement Laco 24 (base movement: ETA 2824.2 (Elaboré))
– Black dial with Arabic numerals, indexes with luminous material Superluminova
– Hands also coated with luminous material Superluminova, colour-matched to the bezel
– Black rubber strap, 20 mm width, stainless steel band alternatively available
– RRP: with rubber strap: 930 € (1.130$); with stainless steel band: 980 € (1.190$)