History of Riccardo Zannetti is the offspring of a great passion in the field of watchmaking born at the turn of the century when Carmine Zannetti, passionate fanatic of fine mechanics, gave life to that extraordinary adventure in technical perfection and design which is the essence of Zannetti’s creations today. He is succeeded by his son Mario Zannetti, a professor in design and an international artist in his own right.
His geometrical lines still influence today’s production, especially his passion for intricate mechanical workings. So Riccardo Zannetti has inherited an important cultural commitment to which he has skilfully united the talent and perfection of a great watchmaker with a special talent. His workshop has now been transformed into a modern design laboratory and he is one of the few people still carrying on a tradition that began 500 years ago whose aim is still that of spreading Italian creativity all over the world.
Zannetti has inherited an important commitment, which is based on a constructive, conceptual and uncompromising philosophy. The technological excellence of its timepieces, along with the art expressed by Zannetti’s skilful watchmakers and craftsmen, contributes in creating unique and highly distinguishing watches that are worldwide appreciated. Each watch created by Zannetti has its own soul, history and personality, proudly unique in its gender.
- 1982: Riccardo Zannetti inventor and founder of the Maison starts his work activity. He creates the first original models.
- 1986: Creations and production for some of the biggest and famous contemporary watch brands. Creation of some exclusive models for very important private national clients.
- 1987: The first Zannetti collection “The Stradivarius” produced until 2003.
- 1989: The Zannetti style is definitively characterized with the Impero collection, he works for many European countries, while starting a regular distribution of watches in Italy.
- 1990: Opening the first boutique in Rome.
- 1992: The Dafne, a watch dedicate to women. First personalized Jewel Watches were realized for special clients on demand.
- 1994: First participation to the International Basel fair.
- 1995: A new important collection, destined to a long success: “The Frog collection”. During the following years, this model has been declined into different versions, such as the lock “jewel case” on the dial, and precious diamonds, ruby, emeralds pave’.
- 1996: That is the technique year, new movement were worked out while selling the prestigious Repeater, five minutes repetition.
- 1998: The new look of Rome atelier, adding a new work-room.
- 1998: Presentation of Montgolfier very prestigious GMT characterized by original gold embossed rotor, relief dial.
- 2000: The Squelette arrives, the first Zannetti skeleton. Among the distinctive characteristic you find a first blue PVD treatment skeleton mouvemet, in the world.
- 2001: Time of Drivers collection with first two samples: Ascari and Fangio.
- 2002: New Jewel Line with precious stones.
- 2003: New Steel collection actual but suitable with the Maison character.
- 2004: New Regent collection, with handmade engraved dials with different drawings. Jewel version of Time of Drivers and Frog watch.
- 2005: First square watch, the Palatino, presented in three hands and chronograph version. New version of “Repeater” while producing new and more engineered dial for Impero case. First official honours for Zannetti in Japan, Cina and Korea.
- 2006: With the automatic chronograph, the Impero collection increase its dimensions and aggressiveness. The new Chronograph version belonging to the Regent Line, declined into different dial’s subjects. Zannetti reaffirm his own independence supporting and defending the made in Italy.
- 2007: Renewed the Time of Drivers collection, available both in steel and gold. We have presented two models, both with special applied enamelled digits: there are three chrono counters and dials on three levels; The “Racing Edition” has two counters and a perlage dial. New cases and dials have been created for the Squelette, the Automatic and the Steel Impero.
- 2008: A modern self-winding GMT is released: the dual Time. At the same time, a new working technique is discovered by Zannetti: the mammoth engraving.
- 2009: The year opens with the presentation of the Rosa Ventorum, featuring a Mammuth bone dial. Furthermore, Zannetti begins to experiment the PE-CVD treatment on his watches’ cases.
- 2010: Yet again, the art form superbly blends with Zannetti’s creations. New models are released featuring polychrome Champlevé enamels.
- 2011: When high jewellery meets high watchmaking: the result is the Regent dragon. A spectacular timepiece with a gold bass-relief placed on the dial. Furthermore, Zannetti presents a stunning unique pendant named One Million dollar Snake.
- 2012: The art of watchmaking once again plays a central role. At the Geneva Exhibition in January, Zannetti presents the new collection Magnificum with hand-engraved and enameled dials. Then, at Baselworld it is the time of the gladiatore Chrono.
- 2013: It comes the year of the sportive watch, legitimated by the professional Piranha Scuba with a water resistance of 50 atm.
- 2014: Creation of new Art Collection Watches: all with sophisticated hand-made dials. The Scuba collection reaches its maturity displaying dials in various materials: ebony wood and mother of pearl.
- 2015: The gladiator Collection launches a new Chronograph Model produced in steel and gold. The dials feature precious materials and details. New Unique-Piece Animalier Watches are produced. Different Unique-Piece Animalier watches are presented featuring diamonds and rubies. A new case for the Regent Collection with new details and crown.
- 2016: The Scuba Piranha reaches international markets and is produced in the new GMT version. The new UFO case is launched and is ready to be customised in several ways. A new Jewel watch Collection with gold case and diamonds and a half hunter version of the Regent case are presented. For ladies a new smaller version of the gladiator is launched. Finally some of the Collection is now available with Bronze cases.
- 2017: The Discobolo collection finds its final consecration during Baselworld 2017: endless are the possibilities to customize the dial and the case, available in two sizes. Hi-tech ceramics makes its first appearance in Zannetti’s offer. The first model proposed is the new Piranha, also available in steel, black PVCD steel and bronze.
- 2018: A very significant year, where a strong internationalization has been put in place. Zannetti exposes in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Cannes and Basel. To be highlighted, the attendance with various important pieces at the international auction called Auction Affair at Casina Valadier in Rome. New models: Gladiatore Full diamonds with triangular diamonds cut specifically for this exemplar; Discobolo diamonds and Rainbow with enamels and multicolored precious stones; Piranha Scuba Animalier with micro-painted dials. Introduced also a Champlevé collection of watches and pens, totally hand-finished, with various topics: dragon, Carp and Kamasutra.
Official website: http://www.zannettiwatches.it/