Young Swiss watch brand Ultramarine announces its debut collection, the Morse UTC.
The brand takes its inspiration from oceans. In French, les territoires ultramarins means overseas territories. Also, the ultramarine means deep blue, the color of oceans. The Ultramarine logo pays tribute to Albatross, the large seabird that can navigate distances up to 800 kilometers per day.
Ultramarine founder and designer Lionel Bruneau took inspiration from historic deck chronometers to design the brand’s first watch: the Morse UTC (GMT).
Dressed in a 40mm stainless steel case, the Morse UTC watch houses Eterna 3914A automatic movement with manual winding ability. With a power reserve up to 65 hours, the movement powers date and additional time zone indications in addition to the basic timekeeping function of the watch.
The deep blue colored dial of the watch features centre hour and minute hands, small seconds dial at 9ó clock, second time-zone sub dial at 6ó clock and date window at 3ó clock.
The Ultramarine watches will be entirely manufactured in Switzerland. To certify the authenticity of origin, the Morse UTC watch features engravings on the case back: « Intégralement ouvré en Suisse » with its acronym « I.O.E.S. » on the dial translating to English as « Entirely made in Switzerland ».
Only 300 numbered Ultramarine Morse UTC watches will be manufactured. First 100 pieces of this watch collection can be immediately ordered through reservation on the Ultramarine website with a 10% deposit at the preferential price of 1300€ excl. tax (approx. $1,500). The remaining 200 will be offered also online at 1600€ excl. tax (approx. $1,850). Ultramarine will donate 10% of its profit to NGOs committed to the conservation and protection of marine life.
Ultramarine offers a 3 year limited warranty, for parts and labor, and the Morse UTC is expected to ship first quarter 2019.
• Entirely manufactured in Switzerland (in Neuchâtel, La Chaux-de-Fonds, Le Locle and Grenchen).
• Diameter 40mm (without the crown), height 12mm, lug to lug 48mm, band 20mm.
• Stainless steel 316L case.
• Sapphire crystal glass front and back, inner A/R coating in front.
• Movement Eterna Cal. 3914A with date, UTC (GMT) on 24h, small second.
• Power reserve 65h, 28.800 vph (4 Hz), automatic and manual winding, 29 jewels.
• Hand-sewn leather strap, with stainless steel buckle and engraved logo.
• SuperLuminova : BG W9.
• Water resistance: 100 meters (330 feet).
Please visit https://www.ultramarine-watches.com/morse for more details.