Site icon MasterHorologer

DELMA and DELBANA

Swiss watch brands DELMA and DELBANA are owned by Delma Watch Ltd, the Lengnau based company that has been producing discreet and elegant watches since 1920s.

The Thuya watch making company was founded in 1924 by A. & A. Gilomen in Lengnau. The companies A.& A. Gilomen S.A., Montres Thuya and Midland & Crestwood produced watches under the brand names “Thuya”, “Midland”, “Berios”, “Lexliowar” and “Crestwood”, which were mainly destined for the European and US markets. The company launched the DELMA watch brand in 1952 and in 1966; the company was renamed to Delma Watch Ltd.

The DELBANA watch company was established in 1933 by Goliardoardo Della Balda. The success of the DELBANA watch brand required more production capacity. From 1954 in the new, impressing factory more than 100 employees with a lot of professional know-how and feeling brought life into the small marvels. A network of outworkers in Grenchen supported the success of the enterprise. All mechanical movements had been assembled in house and passed strict quality controls.

All rough movements mainly had been provided by A. Schild Ltd. Movements such as AS 1250 with “hammer-winding”, and AS 1361 with “rotor-winding” bear witness to important technical innovations at that time. The first launched waterproof watches had helped considerably to establish the brand name in Eastern Europe markets such as Poland, Hungary etc. The most famous movement was AS 1130 with small second hand.

The most requested watch, the Military model, was sold by quantities of many 10’000 pieces to Argentina, Chile and Columbia etc. In the years of 50s and 60s more than 100’000 watches were yearly delivered in many countries all over the world. In 2002, DELBANA watch brand was integrated to the Delma Watch Ltd.

TIMELINE – DELMA

TIMELINE – DELBANA

Contact details
DELMA WATCH LTD.
Solothurnstrasse 47, CH-2543 Lengnau
Websites: www.delma.ch & www.delbana.ch

Exit mobile version