Swiss luxury watch brand IWC Schaffhausen opens a pop-up store at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. It is the first pop-up store in the world with a fully dedicated concept celebrating the brand’s 150th anniversary. Travelers passing through Europe’s third-busiest airport can now discover an exclusive selection of timepieces from IWC’s iconic watch families.
The IWC pop-up store is located in the non-Schengen part of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol in Lounge 2. Across a total surface area of 139 square meters and spread over two floors, it features a library, a lounge area, and a bar where visitors can enjoy a refreshing drink, upon invitation. The pop-up store is operated in cooperation with Gassan, official IWC retail partner in the Netherlands.
Visitors of the pop-up store at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol can discover an exclusive selection from IWC’s six product families:
- Pilot’s Watches, which bring the dream of flying to the wrist;
- Portugieser, which stands for sophistication and Haute Horlogerie;
- Portofino, which epitomizes the laidback Italian lifestyle;
- Aquatimer diver’s watches, which are reliable companions for adventures underwater and on land;
- Ingenieur, which draws inspiration from classic car races and vintage automobiles;
- Da Vinci, which combines the inventive spirit of IWC’s engineers with an extraordinary aesthetic.
Gassan Diamonds, part of the Gassan Group, is a traditional family-owned business located in an old steam diamond factory in the historic center of Amsterdam. The company is engaged in diamond grinding, wholesale and retail of loose and set diamonds, gold jewelry, and watches.
Gassan Diamonds takes a progressive position in the diamond world, partly by introducing a new proprietary cut, the Gassan 121. In 1967, Gassan Schiphol started the first diamond counter at Schiphol Airport. Nowadays, Gassan Schiphol has 15 selling locations at airside and one at landside, making it one of the largest concessionaires of the Schiphol Group.