Luxury timepiece and diamond jewelry house, Jacob & Co. has partnered with football legend, Luis Figo, of Sporting Lisbon, FC Barcelona, and Real Madrid fame, and introduced three new limited edition timepieces during the international watch and jewelry fair, Baselworld 2018.
The Epic X Chrono Luis Figo Limited Edition watches, featuring Figo’s name engraved on the case back along with his applied signature, and his jersey number “10” in red on the dial’s rehaut, will be expansion upon the brand’s existing Epic X Chrono Collection. The limited edition collection will offer only 110 pieces in total: 50 in rose gold, 30 in black DLC titanium, and 30 in titanium.
Figo, who previously wore the brand’s signature Epic SF 24 model as his timekeeping instrument of choice, has long admired Jacob & Co.’s Swiss-made creations for their bold style and advanced complications. It’s only natural that the limited edition pieces bearing the football star’s name also offer a daring twist that complements his taste.
The three timepiece designs boast with a 47-mm diameter in an 18-k carat rose gold, black DLC titanium or titanium case. The piece features a ceramic bezel, push buttons, and crown, as well as an openwork rubber wristband that is sure to captivate with its compelling design and dexterous contrast between high-tech and precious materials.
The watch’s robust case is water resistant to 200m, and houses a high-performance automatic chronograph movement: Jacob & Co.’s exclusive JCAA05 skeleton Bi Compax caliber and it’s 48- hour power reserve. It offers 260 components in total that render the Epic X Chrono an extraordinary watch; 27 rubies, a column wheel and anti-shock system; an anthracite grey rotor and red-lacquered engraved logo; angled, polished and circularly grained bridges and movement components visible through the smoked sapphire case back. The case back of the Luis Figo limited edition pieces are engraved with his name, while the dial’s rehaut features his jersey number – 10.
Aside from this dual visual signature, whose elegance mirrors the Portuguese player’s mastery, the watch’s dynamic nature is expressed through the presence of two additional counters on the dial, an inner rotational bezel controlled by a crown located at 10 o’clock and oversized push-buttons on either side of the setting crown.
Each version of this new Luis Figo Limited Edition Epic X Chrono is equipped with a black rubber wristband, which will allow football aficionados to time the games during this summer’s World Cup in Russia while also championing their penchant for a distinct style.
Model: EPIC X CHRONO LUIS FIGO LIMITED EDITION
• Case in 18-carat rose gold, black DLC grade 5 titanium, or grade 5 titanium
• Diameter: 47 mm
• Height: 14 mm
• Black ceramic bezel, push-buttons and crowns
• Self-winding mechanical movement
• Exclusive Jacob&Co JCAA05 skeleton caliber
• Movement diameter: 30.40 mm (Height: 8.40 mm)
• Frequency: 28’800 vib/h (4 Hz)
• Power reserve: 48 hours
• Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds and chronograph
• Column wheel
• Central chronograph second hand
• Small second counter at 9 o’clock
• Minute counter at 3 o’clock
• Smoked sapphire dial with rose gold, black or rhodiumized decor depending upon the versions
• Inner rotating bezel with red number 10 (setting crown at 10 o’clock)
• Red chrono minute and second hands
• Sapphire with anti-reflective treatment
• Translucent smoked sapphire case back engraved with handwritten signature
• “Luis Figo” name engraved on the case back
• Black wristband
• Rose gold or black DLC titanium folding clasp
• Water-resistant to 200 m
• Limited edition of 50 rose gold pieces, 30 DLC titanium pieces and 30 titanium pieces.