Presented in limited editions of platinum, white gold and rose gold versions, the Voutilainen 217QRS wristwatch perfectly encapsulates the philosophy of Swiss master watch maker Kari Voutilainen.
Dressed in a stylish and elegant case measuring 39mm, the watch is powered with an in-house movement inspired from Vingt-8 and designed, built, fabricated, finished and assembled entirety in Voutilainen workshops.
Retrograde date mechanism is unique construction entirely integrated in main plate. Setting the date cannot be easier to do by pressing the crown down. One press makes the date hand advance one day. Special mechanism is created for the return of the date hand from 31st to 1st. Date hand comes slowly back to 1. By doing this, mechanism will work surely avoiding bouncing once arriving at first day.
The movement has a very large balance wheel manufactured in-house, allowing perfect regulation of the watch to within strict tolerances. To equip such an exceptional timepiece, a very rare and unique balance- spring system has been used. The exterior of the spring uses a typical Phillips overcoil, while the internal curve uses the little known Grossmann curve.
The escapement makes the movement very special; this is the first watch to have two escapement wheels in such a configuration. The escapement wheels give a direct impulse to the balance through the impulse roller/jewel. This escapement is extremely efficient and requires much less energy than traditional lever escapements, offering benefits in terms of longevity and stability in day-to-day use.
The balance-wheel bridge is sublimely elegant, offering an unimpeded view of the escapement and balance. It also allows the enthusiast to admire the synchronized movements of the escapement wheels.
The watch is finished to the highest standards. The surfaces of pinions and wheels are completely flat and highly polished to within exceptionally uniform tolerances. All finishing work on the main plate and bridges is made by hand to achieve the highest possible levels of surface finish. Screws and all steel parts are finished and polished by hand.
Model: Voutilainen ‘217QRS’ wristwatch
– In-house movement. Design, construction, fabrication, finishing and assembly in Voutilainen workshops
– 30mm x 5.60mm movement
– New escapement, with two escapement wheels, direct impulse
– Main plate and bridges manufactured from German silver
– Wheels manufactured from rose gold
– 39 jewels
– Integrated retrograde date mechanism
– 65-hour power reserve
– Free sprung balance wheel with rose gold timing weights frequency of 18,000 v.p.h.
– Balance diameter 13.60mm with Breguet/Grossmann balance spiral
– Case diameter: 39mm and thickness: 11.5mm
– Unique case design
– Sapphire glasses front and back, anti reflection treatment on both sides
– Total series of 30 watches: 10 platinum, 10 white gold, 10 rose gold
– Engine-turned silver dial with gold applied numerals and gold hands
– Hand sewn crocodile strap with 18-carat gold buckle