Dressed in a stainless steel, bead-blasted case, the SINN 240 St GZ features a dark blue dial and an interior tide bezel.
The rotating tide bezel of this watch can be used to read the relative water level of a location in terms of current tide, i.e. the time until the next high tide. All you need to know is the time of the last high tide and correlate this with the triangular mark ‘HW 1’ on the rotating bezel. This can be taken for example from a tide table or tide calendar.
The hour hand can then be used to read off the current water level on the rotating tide bezel of the 240 St GZ. You can also read off the expected relative water levels for any given time up until the time of the next high tide, which is then shown at the position ‘HW 2’.
This automatic watch is equipped with a SW 220-1 movement. Its 43mm case is fitted with sapphire crystal front glass and the rear side is secured with a screw-fastened steel caseback.
• SW 220-1
• Self-winding mechanism
• 26 bearing jewels
• 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour
• Hand adjustment with seconds stop function
• Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309
• Case made of stainless steel, bead-blasted
• Sapphire crystal glass in front, anti-reflective on both sides
• Case back screw-fastened
• Meet the technical requirements for waterproofness, as set out in standard DIN 8310
• Pressure-resistant up to 10 bar
• Low pressure resistant
• Hours, minutes, seconds
• Day of the week display
• Interior tide bezel
• Crowns with D3-System
Dimensions and Weight
• Case diameter 43 mm
• Band lug width: 22 mm
• Case thickness: 11 mm
• Weight without strap: 85 gramme
Dial and Hands
• Dark blue dial
• Indices coated with luminescent colour
• Hour- and minute hand coated with luminescent colour
• Marks on tide bezel with luminescent colour
• 2 years