In 2016, Greubel Forsey extended the Tourbillon 24 Secondes Vision range with a “Salmon” dial edition. Now, the brand presents three new dial versions: “Chocolate”, “Blue” and “Anthracite Black”.
One timepiece with four different faces: it is a unique situation as, usually, Greubel Forsey only creates one edition of each of its platinum timepieces. These versions follow the success of the Tourbillon 24 Secondes Vision, which was awarded the Aiguille d’Or 2015 by the jury of the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève.
During the creation of the Tourbillon 24 Secondes Vision, Robert Greubel and Stephen Forsey were confronted with a major challenge: how to house the mechanism of the Tourbillon 24 Secondes without sacrificing the timepiece’s pure, elegant lines.
By incorporating a sapphire crystal dome into the back of the timepiece, the model’s inventor-watchmakers were able to generate the volume required to house the tourbillon mechanism, thus leading to a perfect alchemy between performance and comfort. Over and above its showcase function, the sapphire dome captures luminosity and channels it into the interior of the timepiece, allowing the tourbillon to be viewed through a veritable stream of light.
Among this timepiece’s most noteworthy features are its two curved tourbillon bridges, with their delicately hand-polished surfaces. To attain such symmetrical perfection in the finishes of the three-dimensional tourbillon bridges is no mean achievement, and indeed each bridge is discreetly signed by the artisan decorator who has executed it – a good way to celebrate the excellence of such watchmaking craftsmanship.
Furthermore, in keeping with the highest standards, the movement’s 293 parts, whether visible or not, feature the very best hand finishing that can be found today.
The multi-level gold dial of this timepiece, in Chocolate, Blue or Anthracite Black, features engraved indexes (or gold appliqués depending on the version) filled with grand feu (champlevé) enamel. The hour, minute and small seconds hands are made of polished steel, which is blued in some of the versions. The countersinks are polished by hand.
Model: Greubel Forsey Tourbillon 24 Secondes Vision In platinum
(Chocolate, blue, or black-anthracite dial according to the version)
Mechanical hand-wound movement with patented tourbillon
Tourbillon 24 Secondes • hours and minutes • small seconds • power-reserve
• Diameter: 36.40 mm
• Thickness: 7.09 mm
Number of parts
• Movement: 293 parts
• Tourbillon cage: 86 parts
• Weight of the cage: 0.38 g
Number of jewels
• Olived-domed jewels in gold chatons
Chronometric power reserve
• 72 hours
• Two series-coupled fast rotating barrels (1 turn in 3.2 hours), one of which is equipped with a slipping spring to avoid excess tension
• Black PVD-treated motor wheel with relief engraving
• Variable-inertia with gold mean-time screws (10 mm diameter)
• 21’600 vibrations/hour
• Phillips terminal curve
• Geneva-style stud
• Nickel silver, frosted and spotted, with polished bevelling and countersinks, straight-grained flanks, nickel-palladium treatment
• Nickel silver, frosted and spotted with polished bevelling and countersinks, straight-grained ﬂanks, nickel-palladium treatment
• 1 engraved gold plate (individual number)
• Arched and barrel-polished steel tourbillon bridges
• Inclined at a 25° angle, 24-seconds rotation
• Light alloy cage pillars
• Titanium cage bridges
• Gold counterweight
• Involute circle profile
• Tangential inclined gear on fixed wheel and profiled teeth on escape wheel pinion
• Hours and minutes
• Small seconds
• 72-hours power-reserve on a gold sector (caseback side)
• In platinum 950 with convex synthetic sapphire crystal
• Transparent back with 2 convex synthetic sapphire crystals
• Three-dimensional, variable geometry-shaped lugs
• Raised polished engraving “Tourbillon 24″ Incliné” and “Greubel Forsey” on a hand-punched background
• Gold security screws
• Hand-polished bezel, caseband with hand-finished straight graining
• Hand-engraved individual number
• Diameter: 43.50 mm
• Height: case 13.65 mm (height on synthetic sapphire dome 16.03 mm)
• Water-resistant 3 atm – 30 m – 100 ft (standard NIHS 92-20/SN ISO 22810:2010)
• In platinum 950 with engraved and black lacquered GF logo
• Multi-level in gold, colour: chocolate, blue or black-anthracite versions, with engraved (or gold markers according to the version) and “oven fired” enamelled indexes (émail grand feu champlevé)
• Gold GF logo
• Hours, minutes and small seconds in polished steel, blued according to the version, hand-polished countersink
• Power-reserve in blued polished steel
Strap and clasp
• Hand-sewn alligator
• Platinum 950 pin buckle, hand-engraved with the GF logo
Note: The Greubel Forsey Tourbillon 24 Secondes Vision Platinum model is also available with a Salmon coloured dial.