Following on from the Double Tourbillon 30° in 2010, Greubel Forsey is now celebrating the Tourbillon 24 Secondes Asymétrique by releasing a specifically dedicated Edition Historique.
This closes the Tourbillon 24 Secondes Asymétrique collection, whose models have been produced at an average rate of 18 pieces per year since 2007.
There are three versions of the Tourbillon 24 Secondes to date: the Asymétrique, Contemporain and Vision models. Greubel Forsey has decided to pay homage to the first of these three versions, the “Tourbillon 24 Secondes Asymétrique”, by creating a Unique edition: the Tourbillon 24 Secondes Edition Historique.
For this timepiece, the architecture of the dial was entirely reinterpreted and redesigned with a 3D engraved text that reveals the Greubel Forsey philosophy. The sectoral seconds and power reserve displays have also been redesigned. These two display systems have never before been featured in a Tourbillon 24 Secondes timepiece.
The Asymétrique was the model that made it possible to incorporate the Tourbillon 24 Secondes – Greubel Forsey’s third Fundamental Invention, visible at 8 o’clock – into a timepiece for the first time. This then paved the way for the Contemporain and Vision versions.
The latter model played an important role in the history of Greubel Forsey as it was awarded the Grand Prix de l’Aiguille d’Or in 2015. This is one of the reasons for this tribute.
Following on from the Double Tourbillon 30° Edition Historique unveiled in 2010, this is the second time that a Greubel Forsey timepiece has been honoured as an Edition Historique, marking an end to a collection.
The timepiece exists in two versions: with a 5N red gold case or a platinum case. Meanwhile the dial features a silver-toned (red gold version) or anthracite (platinum version) multi-level gold finish.
The Greubel Forsey Tourbillon 24 Secondes Edition Historique watch is limited to two unique editions of 11 pieces.
Model: Greubel Forsey Tourbillon 24 Secondes Edition Historique Unique Edition
Limited to 11 pieces in 5N red gold and 11 pieces in platinum
Mechanical hand-wound movement with patented tourbillon Tourbillon 24 Secondes Hours and minutes
24-seconds tourbillon rotation
• Diameter: 36.40 mm
• Thickness: 9.35 mm
Number of parts
• Movement: 302 parts
• Tourbillon cage: 88 parts
• Weight of the cage: 0.39 g
Number of jewels
• Olived-domed jewels in gold chatons
Chronometric power reserve
• 72 hours
• Two series-coupled fast rotating barrels (1 turn in 3.2 hours), one of which is equipped with a slipping spring to avoid excess tension
• Variable-inertia with gold mean-time screws (10 mm diameter)
• 21’600 vibrations/hour
• Phillips terminal curve
• Geneva-style stud
• Nickel silver, spotted, with polished bevelling and countersinks, straight-grained flanks, nickel-palladium treatment
• Nickel silver, frosted and spotted with polished bevelling and countersinks, straight-grained flanks, nickel-palladium treatment
• 3 engraved gold plates (1x Greubel Forsey, 1x individual number, 1x name of the invention)
• Steel barrel-polished tourbillon bridge
• Black PVD-coated titanium platform under the tourbillon and polished backdrop
• Inclined at a 25° angle, 24-second rotation
• Light alloy cage pillars
• Titanium cage bridges
• Gold counterweight
• Involute circle profile
• Tangential inclined gear on fixed wheel and profiled teeth on escape wheel pinion
• Hours and minutes
• Small seconds on a disc
• 72-hours sectorial power reserve on a disc
• In 18k 5N red gold or platinum 950 with asymmetrical convex synthetic sapphire crystal
• Transparent back with asymmetrical convex synthetic sapphire crystal
• Three-dimensional, variable geometry-shaped lugs
• Raised polished engraving “Edition Historique” and “Greubel Forsey” on a hand-punched background
• Gold security screws
• Hand-polished bezel, caseband with hand-finished straight graining
• Four 18k 5N red gold plates or platinum 950, engraved, hand-finished with text, screwed to the caseband
• Hand-engraved individual number
• Unique edition of 11 pieces in 5N red gold bearing the number 162 until 172 and 11 pieces in platinum 950 bearing the number 173 until 183
• Diameter: 44.00 mm
• Height: 15.78 mm
Water resistance of the case
• Water-resistant 3 atm – 30 m – 100 ft (standard NIHS 92-20/SN ISO 22810:2010)
• In 18k 5N red gold or platinum 950 with raised GF logo engraved
• Multi-level in gold either silvered (18k 5N red gold version) or anthracite colour (platinum 950 version) with galvanic growth text on a synthetic sapphire plate
• Gold hour markers
• 2 engraved gold plates (1x Greubel Forsey, 1x individual number)
• 18k 5N red gold version: hours and minutes in polished gold, black treatment
• Platinum 950 version: hours and minutes in polished gold
Strap and clasp
• Hand-sewn alligator
• 18k 5N red gold or platinum 950 folding clasp, hand-engraved with the GF logo