Swiss luxury watch brand Greubel Forsey welcomes their new horological masterpiece, the “Balancier”, which perfectly embodies the watchmakers’ fundamental principles.
The prestigious Swiss luxury watch atelier was bound one day to create a timepiece of great purity, featuring a unique and original balance wheel. Their creativity is immediately evident in the asymmetry of its case, which has almost become a signature feature of Greubel Forsey’s universe.
The iconic Swiss watchmaking Maison’s values are manifest in the refinement and purity of its lines and dial, the inventive architecture of its balance wheel, the sharp profile of its hands, and the engraving on the reverse of the timepiece.
The watchmakers’ inventiveness is strongly in evidence in the new balance wheel. It was entirely developed and made at the Atelier, with its six gold mean-time screws, and it boasts remarkable aerodynamic qualities. The technical nature of this balance wheel generates exceptional regulating power, a mark of great chronometric stability.
Outstanding workmanship is very dear to Robert Greubel and Stephen Forsey, and it shines through in the wholly hand-executed barrel-polishing, bevelling and finishing of the balance wheel bridge. Such operations require prodigious expertise and know-how, particularly for the hand decoration of all the parts.
The hand-countersunk and polished centres of the flame-blued steel hands offer another example of mastery in the craft, while the engraved gold plates on the back of the timepiece are also a pure masterpiece of hand-finishing skills.
The Greubel Forsey Balancier watch is available in a limited edition of 33 pieces in its white gold version.
Model: Greubel Forsey Balancier
Limited edition of 33 pieces in white gold
Four handed timepiece • hours and minutes • small seconds • power-reserve • GREUBEL FORSEY balance wheel system • stop balance
• Diameter: 36.40 mm
• Thickness: 8.35 mm
Number of parts
• Movement: 269 parts
Number of jewels
• Olived-domed jewels in gold chatons
Chronometric power reserve
• 72 hours
• Two series-coupled fast rotating barrels (1 turn in 3.2 hours), one of which is equipped with a slipping spring to avoid excess tension
• In-house variable-inertia with 6 gold mean-time screws (12.60 mm diameter)
• Stop balance activated by crown
• 21’600 vibrations/hour
• Phillips terminal curve
• Geneva-style stud
• Nickel silver, frosted and spotted, straight-grained flanks, nickel-palladium treatment
• Nickel silver, frosted and spotted with polished bevelling and countersinks, straight-grained flanks, nickel-palladium treatment
• Flat black polished and barrel-polished steel balance wheel bridge, hand-polished bevelling and countersinks, straight-grained flanks
• Flat black polished gold plate with raised engraved text, polished bevelling and countersinks, straight-grained flanks with apparent gold chatons
• Flat black polished gold central plate, “GF” engraved with individual number, polished bevelling and countersinks, straight-grained flanks
• Involute circle profile
• Hours and minutes
• Small seconds
• 72-hours power reserve on a sector
In white gold with asymmetrical convex synthetic sapphire crystal
Transparent back with synthetic sapphire crystal
Lateral window with shaped synthetic sapphire crystal
Three-dimensional, variable geometry-shaped lugs
Raised polished engraving “Balancier” and “Greubel Forsey” on a hand-punched background
Gold security screws
Hand-polished bezel, caseband with hand-finished straight graining
Hand-engraved individual number
Diameter: 43.50 mm
Height: 13.94 mm
Water-resistance: 3 atm – 30 m – 100 ft (standard NIHS 92-20/SN ISO 22810:2010)
Crown in white gold with engraved and black lacquered GF logo
Hour-ring in gold, hand matt lapped, engraved and black lacquered hour indexes, minute-circle and « Greubel Forsey »
Small second and power-reserve indicators in gold, engraved and black lacquered, hand matt lapped
Hands: Hours and minutes, small seconds and power-reserve in polished blued steel, hand-polished countersinks
Strap and clasp
White gold pin buckle, hand-engraved with the GF logo