Presented at Baselworld 2017, the CITIZEN Bluetooth Watch has all the beauties of an analogue watch with the added convenience of a smartphone link. Just install the official app on your phone to link your watch and enjoy not only auto-time correction locally but to 316 cities across the world.
The incoming call, email, or SNS messages are notified with hand movement, sound, or vibration. But most of all, it features light-powered Eco-Drive technology that can generate power from any light source, artificial, natural and even dim light so no cable charging is necessary. Once you do a full charge, it will keep running for up to 4 years (on power save mode), freeing users from regular battery changes and daily cable charging.
CITIZEN Bluetooth Watch is charged from any kind of light. That means there is no need for replacing batteries or for cable-based charging. CITIZEN’s proprietary light-powered technology, Eco-Drive generates power from any kind of light—from sunlight to dim light—to drive the watch, storing surplus power in a rechargeable cell. On a single full charge it can run for up to six months in total darkness.
CITIZEN Eco-Drive Bluetooth Watch can link with a smartphone through the official app for CITIZEN Bluetooth Watch. This is a watch that combines the best of analogue and smart functionalities.
- Home and Local Time: Get the right time, all the time, in any city around the world. When the watch is connected with a smartphone, the time on the watch automatically updates to the current time (home time). Plus just by touching the world map inside the app, the watch is then set to the time of the city selected (local time). The app covers 316 cities worldwide, including Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
- Alarm: Set your alarm from a smartphone. The alarm of the watch can be simply and intuitively set from the app and can be set for a different time for every day of the week.
- Call Notification: Find out when a user gets a call. Via sound, vibration, or hand movement, it lets a user know when there is an incoming call. The smart filter function can be used to specify which callers the trigger an incoming alert.
- Message Notification: Find out when a user gets an email, text, or SNS notification. Via sound, vibration, or hand movement, it lets a user know when there is a new email, text, or SNS (Social Networking Service) notification. The apps for which a user wishes to receive the alert can be selected.
- Smartphone Search: Find your smartphone easily. The watch helps users find his/her smartphone by notifying the phone to emit a sound to alert its location. (Range limitations apply to this function.) When a user is about to leave without his/her smartphone, the watch will warn him/her by either emitting a sound, vibrating or rotating the hands.
- Light-Level Indicator: See how much light—and power—the dial is receiving. See how much power the watch is generating by checking how much light it is exposed to on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. CITIZEN is a pioneer in light-powered technology and this unique function reflects our special relationship with light.
Model: CITIZEN Bluetooth Watch
Ref. BZ1020-14L and BZ1020-14E
Launch: Summer 2017
Projected price: USD 695
Case /Band: Stainless Steel / Polyurethane
Dial colour: Blue/Black
Size: Case diameter 48.0mm／thickness 15.5mm
Movement: Cal.W770/ Accuracy of ± 15 seconds per a month (when not receiving signals) /,Eco-Drive, Runs 4 years on full charge(on power save mode) /Power save function / 1 second chronograph measures up to 60 minutes / Alarm/ Dual time(Second time zone) / Day Date / 12/24Hour time/ Light-level indicator / Power reserve indicator / Perpetual calendar
Deployment clasp with push button
Water resistance: 100m