For the last decade, the world of football has been on Hublot time. Thanks to its passion for the beautiful game, the brand counts prestigious clubs as well as star players and coaches as its friends. It is also involved with the major tournaments that punctuate the footballing calendar. Therefore, it is a natural step for Hublot to present a watch to the winners of the “The Best FIFA Football Awards™” 2016. A Big Bang Unico Retrograde Chronograph to celebrate the men and women who make each minute of the game captivating, and who determine the fate of matches.
The energy and the best of football brought together in a unique watch designed to mark match time, from its two halves to extra time. It features a patented self-winding bi-retrograde module, the original construction of which required an additional source of energy to power the rapid movements of the hands. Designed to time two 45-minute halves of a match, plus additional time of up to 60 minutes, the Big Bang Unico Retrograde Chronograph has a central chronograph with minute and second hands moving in a circular arc between 10 and 2 o’clock.
When the mechanism is activated using the push-button at 2 o’clock, the second hand moves to the 60 index, before rapidly jumping back to zero to repeat its course, while the minute hand counts the time as it elapses. The window in the centre indicates the current match time. The actual time can be read in a counter at 6 o’clock.
“The Best FIFA Football Awards™”
For 25 years, FIFA has been recognising the best players in the world. To mark its quarter-century, the Best FIFA Football Awards™ have been set up to honour the top performers in football, those deserving of the epithet “the best”. To ensure its voice remains faithful to the heart and soul of football, the job of selecting was handed to the captains, coaches, fans and representatives from the media. Five prizes awarded to the best male and female players, and men’s and women’s coaches who have made their mark on the history of football during the past year.
- The Best FIFA Men’s Player 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo, named best player both in the Spanish championship and at UEFA EURO 2016, scored 40 goals during the 2015/2016 season.
- The Best FIFA Women’s Player 2016: The title of Best FIFA Women’s Player 2016 has been awarded to the star of the American national team, Carli Lloyd.
- The Best FIFA Men’s Coach 2016: Leicester City coach, Claudio Ranieri.
- The Best FIFA Women’s Coach 2016: The former German coach, Silvia Neid, was named the year’s Best Women’s Football Coach.
- Puskás Award 2016: From a shortlist of some of the most extraordinary goals scored during the year, put together by fans, it was the first ever Malaysian nominee, Mohd Faiz Subri, and the unbelievable trajectory of his free kick which won the last round of voting.
Model: BIG BANG UNICO RETROGRADE CHRONOGRAPH
413.NM.1127.RX – Titanium Ceramic
413.OM.1128.RX – King Gold Ceramic
Satin-finished and Polished Titanium (Titanium Ceramic) or Satin-finished and Polished 18K King Gold (King Gold Ceramic)
Case-back Satin-finished Titanium (Titanium Ceramic) or Satin-finished 18K King Gold (King Gold Ceramic) with Sapphire Crystal
Crystal Sapphire with Anti-reflective Treatment
Water Resistant 100m or 10 ATM
Bezel: Satin-finished and Polished Black Ceramic
Black: Composite Resin Lower Bezel
Mat and Satin-finished Black Dial
HUB1261 UNICO Manufacture
Movement with Central Chronograph and Column Wheel
No. of Components: 385 (44 jewels)
Power Reserve: 72 Hours
Black Structured Lined Rubber Straps
Titanium Deployant Buckle Clasp (Titanium Ceramic)
Black-plated Titanium Deployant Buckle Clasp (King Gold Ceramic)