British watch brand Elliot Brown announces its latest model: TYNEHAM. This classic dress watch, which is also robust in construction in order to survive harsh conditions, follows the same design aesthetics of brand’s Canford timepiece.
Its 41mm stainless steel case, available in brushed, fine brushed or gunmetal 15μm PVD matte finishes, houses Japanese Miyota 9130 automatic with a 42hr power reserve. As well as Miyota’s shock proofing system, the Tyneham also boasts a bespoke 360°movement shield system to protect the movement from the effects of harsh shocks from any direction.
All Tyneham models feature a scratch resistant case-hardened steel bezel designed just proud of the1.8mm sapphire crystal to protect it. The bezel boasts Vickers hardness of 1200; over six times harder than standard 316L stainless.
Its elegant dial, available in matte black, grey, silver, white, boasts matching hour markers and hands. For example, the model having matte black anti-reflective dial features white numerals and indices with matching date window at 5h and distinctive orange tipped seconds hand. A power reserve indicator dial at 1H reminds the wearer about the energy left with the self winding movement that beats inside the timepiece.
The rear side of each timepiece is secured with solid steel case back. Limited and numbered collections of each model are available with a sapphire exhibition back – each one numbered out of 500.
In non-limited edition versions, steel case backs feature hand-drawn contours from Tyneham Cap on the Dorset coast, with reverse-etched lettering typical of Elliot Brown’s attention to detail.
Each Tyneham is tested individually for a water resistance up to 300m. The collection offers leather and rubber strap options with heavy-duty stainless “EB” wide tongue buckle or deployant clasp. Single sided solid strap bars make changing straps easy.
Retail price of Tyneham is £795.00 for non limited edition models featuring stainless steel caseback and £845.00 for limited edition timepieces featuring sapphire crystal caseback.
Miyota 9130 Automatic movement with hack and hand wind
40 hour power reserve indicator dial at 1H
Custom 360 dual stage movement shock absorption
Brushed stainless steel or gunmetal 15μm PVD matte stainless case
Mark resistant case-hardened protective bezel
Recessed 2mm anti-reflective sapphire crystal with bevelled light emitting edge water resistance: 300m
Inset triple sealed crown at the 4h position with parallel hobnail knurling for secure grip
Numbered limited edition sapphire display back showing the movement and custom “EB” rotor or Solid steel case back etched with hand drawn contour lines from Tyneham Cap on Dorset’s Jurassic Coastline
– Matte black anti-reflective dial with white numerals and indices with matching date window at 5h; Distinctive orange tipped seconds hand
– Soft grey sunray brushed dial with crisp white and chrome hands, numerals and indices with matching grey and white date window at 5h
– Sunray brushed silver dial with polished silver numerals, indices and matching date window at 5h; Distinctive red tipped seconds hand
– Soft white micro grooved dial with metallic blue raised numerals, indices and matching date window at 5h
– Sunray brushed dark grey dial with raised chrome numerals and indices with matching date window at 5h; Broad black framed hands in-filled with green SuperLuminova
8 hour SuperLuminova luminous hands and dial indices (glows blue)
– Soft and durable fitted rubber strap with heavy-duty stainless “EB” wide tongue buckle or
– Soft but durable fitted EPDM rubber strap with heavy-duty stainless “EB” wide tongue buckle or
– Warm grey wool felt strap with heavy-duty stainless “EB” wide tongue buckle or
– Soft dark brown L12 matte leather strap with brushed “EB” deployant clasp or
– Soft and durable fitted matte black leather deployant strap with attractive contrast stitch
Solid stainless screw-in strap retaining bars for effortless strap changes with the screwdriver included
£795.00 to £845.00