Dressed in a titanium bead-blasted finished case, the SINN 103 Ti IFR is a professional pilot watch tested and certified to the German standard for Pilot Watches DIN 8330.
Uncompromisingly high standards must be met by aircraft and helicopter equipment in terms of functionality, reliability and safety. With DIN 8330, these uncompromisingly high standards are applied to wristwatches too. Various measures are taken to ensure that a DIN 8330-compliant pilot watch is not only a suitable all-round replacement for the on-board timekeeping instruments available to pilots, but is also capable of remaining unaffected by the physical stresses of flight, posing no risk potential for the crew or aircraft, and demonstrating compatibility with other on-board instruments.
With the development of the pilot watches 103 Ti IFR, one of the world’s first pilot watches certified in accordance with DIN 8330, SINN has succeeded in meeting precisely these requirements for flight operation in accordance with instrument flight rules (IFR).
This is supported by the installation of a range of SINN technologies: Ar-Dehumidifying Technology ensures greater functional reliability and freedom from fogging as well as functional reliability at a temperature range of –45 °C to +80 °C. Another special feature is the captive pilot’s bezel which is easy to operate even while wearing pilot gloves.
The Transparent back made of sapphire crystal glass allows the view of self-winding Valjoux 7750 chronograph movement that beats inside.
• Valjoux 7750
• Self-winding mechanism
• 25 bearing jewels
• 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour
• Seconds stop function
• Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309
• Case made of titanium, bead-blasted
• Sapphire crystal glass in front, anti-reflective on both sides
• Transparent case back made of sapphire crystal glass, anti-reflective on the interior
• Case back screw-fastened
• Crown screwable
• Meet the technical requirements for waterproofness, as set out in standard DIN 8310
• Pressure-resistant up to 20 bar
• Low pressure resistant
• Hours, minutes, subsidiary seconds
• Date display
• Pilot’s bezel with minute ratcheting and luminous key mark
• Ar-Dehumidifying Technology enhances functional reliability and freedom from fogging
• Temperature resistance technology, therefore functionally reliable at temperatures from minus 45 °C up to 80 °C
• Captive bezel
Dimensions and Weight
• Case diameter: 41 mm
• Band lug width: 20 mm
• Case thickness: 17 mm
• Weight without strap: 69 gramme
Dial and Hands
• Matte black dial
• Number 6, indices, hour and minute hand coated with luminescent colour
• Stopwatch minute and stopwatch second hand coated with luminescent colour
• Stopwatch minute indices coated with luminescent colour
• 3 years