DAVOSA unveils the new Vireo series. The two models, Vireo Chronograph and Vireo Dual Time, are both unassailable business companions and a continual pleasure to the eye.
The most notable feature of the Vireo series is its inner dial ring. In the Vireo Chronograph it carries the chronograph display. In the Dual Time it carries the names of cities in different time zones around the world.
Both versions begin with a polished, round stainless steel case with satined lugs. The case diameter is 41 millimetres; the height is 11.5 millimetres. The hands behind the curved mineral glass are applied by hand and decorated with a satined patterned line surface and luminous applications.
Both watches share a date display that is displaced by 20 ° to the south and a water resistance of 5 ATM. They also share a dial and strap: Both Vireo models are available with a white dial and a hand-stitched, brown calfskin strap with a belt buckle or a black dial and partly satined metal strap with a pressure release butterfly buckle.
Despite so many similarities, the two Vireo models are definitely not identical twins. The Dual Time has an additional hand topped by a red triangle, which can be set to tell you the time in a second time zone, whereas the dial of the Vireo Chronograph houses three sub-dials. And corresponding with their differing functions, the Vireo Dual Time requires two crowns while the Chronograph comes with a single crown and two pushers.
The upper crown of the Dual Time serves to adjust the inner ring with the time zones. The lower crown is used to adjust the time and date, as well as the additional time zone hand.
Under the black or white dial, DAVOSA Watches has integrated a quartz movement with a second time zone from Swiss brand Ronda. The Dual Time with leather strap is priced at 248 Euros; the model with metal band retails at 298 EUROS. The Vireo Chronograph in stainless steel with leather strap is priced at 328 Euros; the model with metal strap retails at 378 Euros.
DAVOSA Vireo series:
– References: 162.492.15/45/55 (Dual Time, leather), 162.493.15/45/55/95 (Chrono, leather), 163.480.15/45/55 (Dual Time, bracelet), 163.481.15/45/55 (Chrono/bracelet)
– Stainless steel case (316L – surgical steel), partial rose –plated (162.493.95)
– Domed mineral glass (sapphire crystal optional)
– Swiss quality movement: Ronda 5030D and 515/24h
– Weight: 78 g – 190 g
– Diameter: 41 mm
– Height: 11,5 mm
– Water resistant to a depth of 50 metres (5 ATM)
– Prices: 248 Euro (Dualtime, leather), 298 Euro (Dualtime, metal), 328 Euro (Chronograph, leather), 348 Euro (Chronograph rosé, leather) 378 Euro (Chronograph, metal)