After successful induction of three-hand and date versions, Victorinox Swiss Army’s Night Vision line now welcomes the most useful of watchmaking complications: the chronograph. Thanks to its clearly visible counters and push-pieces, this multifunctional instrument designed by Victorinox Swiss Army asserts its watchmaking presence.
Comes in 42 mm diameter case, the Night Vision Chronograph is an elegant steel watch with a contemporary design and a distinctive profile. An ingenious and surprising double-dealing timepiece that is practical and indispensable. Its aesthetic details immediately arouse curiosity. An illuminated red dot at 6 o’clock, a push piece between 8 o’clock and 9 o’clock, and the inscription “TIME VISION” at 12 o’clock—these are all indicators of useful functions and an intelligent device. Lighting functions, an emergency signal and localization: these are the virtues brought together by the exclusive Victorinox Swiss Army electronic module.
Night Vision Chronograph offers 8 watch functions: Hours, minutes, Small seconds at 3 o’clock, Date and chronograph: stop seconds in the center (1/1s), 12-hour counter at 6 o’clock, 30-minute counter at 9 o’clock, add & split and 6 light functions activated using the push-piece located on the case between 8 o’clock and 9 o’clock, and which can be deactivated at any moment.
Designed for an adventurous life, the Night Vision Chronograph is also equipped with following special features:-
- A quick press activates the dial’s LED backlighting, enabling the time to be read at night. The dial of the Night Vision Chronograph is illuminatedin one of the eight colors now available.
- Two quick presses activate the watch’s frontal lamp for two minutes. It emits a white light with a range of around 1 m at 12 o’clock. This is sufficiently powerful to light your way or to guide a person toward you.
- Three quick presses activate the strobe LED lightfor two minutes, which emits 150 flashes per minute.
- By holding the push-piece down for 15 seconds, the most important function is activated. The RESCUE feature, • • • — — — • • • , emits an SOS distress signal in Morse code, which can continue to flash for seven days and seven nights. The signal emitted has a range of more than 800 m.
- The localization mode is activated with five quick presses. A red LED at 6 o’clock flashes every 10 seconds. It enables the watch to be located in the dark.
- When this red LED flashes three times every 10 seconds, it means that the light module battery is reaching the end of its lifespan. Its remaining autonomy still totals 7 days.
Equipped with the Ronda 5030.D quartz chronograph caliber, which guarantees the time functions of the watch, the Night Vision Chronograph is fitted with a second battery for the LED functions. This model presents four monochrome versions which play on two levels of reading.
The chronograph counters appear on the same level as the seconds counter and stand out by virtue of their circular satin-finished Black Ice PVD treatment. Two steel versions are available with a silver dial on an eco-leather strap or a brushed and polished metal bracelet. There are also two models coated in Black Ice PVD with a black dial and rubber strap or Black Ice PVD metal bracelet.
Model: Night Vision Chronograph
42 mm case
Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, triple-coated anti-reflective treatment
Water-resistant to 50 meters (5 ATM/165 feet)
Screwed-on case back in stainless steel
Charcoal gray or silvered white dial, contrasting counters
Hour + minute hands and indexes coated in luminescent material
Date aperture at 6 o’clock
Swiss made quartz movement, Ronda 5030.D
Dial backlight (multi-colored LED), flashlight, and strobe light and SOS functions
Hours, minutes, seconds, date, chronograph with 30-minute counter at 9 o’clock, 12-hour counter at 6 o’clock and small seconds at 3 o’clock