Once again, Swiss luxury watch maker Richard Mille supports the prestigious Le Mans Classic as a Main Partner and Official Timekeeper of the race. Since 2002, the Jura watchmaker has been supporting this competition.
The 7th Le Mans Classic will take place on July 4, 5 and 6. Le Mans Classic revives more than 80 years of automobile sport history by bringing back the cars and the pilots who created the legend of the most famous race in the world on the great 13 kilometer Le Mans circuit.
As a tribute to this exceptional race, Richard Mille will introduce a limited edition watch, the RM 030 Le Mans Classic, the fourth piece to carry the name of the competition.
For this automatic winding caliber, Richard Mille developed a rotor that would prevent overwinding thanks to its capacity to automatically disconnect from the rotor’s winding mechanism when the spring is fully wound. Additionally, this new mechanism is linked to the power reserve indicator placed at 9 o’clock to provide an optimal winding control with the best ratio of constant torque/power.
The RM 030 LMC also has a 24 hours display placed at 2 o’clock. The indication “16”references to the depart time of the endurance race, is a discrete homage to the event.
The RM 030 LMC displays the colors of the historic race inside of its movement as well as its white ATZ ceramic case and with the rubber of the NTPT® crown. This special edition will be a limited series of a 100 pieces.
Model: RM 030 Le Mans Classic
– Automatic winding movement
– Power reserve: circa 55 hours
– Baseplate, bridges and balance cock in grade 5 titanium
– Declutchable rotor with variable geometry
– Winding indicator
– Date display
– Free sprung balance with variable inertia
– Double barrel system
– Balance: Glucydur, 4 arms, inertia moment 4.8 mg cm2, angle of lift 53º
– Frequency: 28,800 vph (4 Hz)
– Spline screws in grade 5 titanium for the case and the bridges
– Interior flanges in carbon fiber
– Torque limiting crown in NTPT® carbon
– Baseplate and bridges in hand-ground grade 5 titanium, wet sandblasted, Titalyt® treated
– Sapphire blasted and hand-drawn surfaces