Introduced in 2001, the Chrono 4 is the first and only chronograph in the history of watchmaking with four aligned counters. This Registered Design is an aesthetic and functional innovation and represents a technical revolution thanks to the device developed and patented by Eberhard & Co. with sophisticated complexity. Indeed the entire mechanism operates using no fewer than 53 rubies. Never before had minutes, hours, 24 hours and seconds been arranged horizontally in a linear progression. This year at Baselworld Watch and Jewellery Show the Swiss watchmaker unveiled new faces for the original model from the Chrono 4 collection, with a 40 mm steel case.
The restyling gives this revolutionary chronograph an even more sporting feel:
– The first version has a white face, 4 white counters with a contrasting black outline and azuré finishing.
– The second version has a black face, 4 black counters with a contrasting white outline and azuré finishing.
– Finally, a rugged all-black version with a black face, 4 black counters with a contrasting silvery outline and azuré finishing, as well as a red hand for 24-hour counter.
All three new versions have a special diamond finish on the Arabic numerals and an avivage illuminating their outline as well as 10 plots in relief, with a luminescent insert, either black or white depending on the version. Waterproof to 50 metres, with a caseback fixed with 8 screws, the Chrono 4 has a rubber strap with a distinctive decoration featuring the “E” shield, the watchmaker’s old emblem, emphasising this version’s more informal feel. This model is also available with a black alligator skin strap or a steel “Chalin” bracelet.
Caliber EB. 200 12 ½” – base ETA 2894-2 mechanical chronograph with automatic winding, device patented by Eberhard & Co., 4 counters in line: minutes, hours, 24 hours and small-seconds. Date at 12 o’clock. The complete mechanism works on 53 rubies.
Diameter of the case: 40.00 mm
Thickness of the case: 13.32 mm
Case-back: polished, bevelled, engraved, fixed by 8 screws
Strap-attachment: 20.00 mm
Water-resistance: 50 meters
Crown: steel, screwed-in, water-resistant, personalized with the “E” initial
Glass: sapphire glass, domed, anti-reflective
- White, white counters with snailed black profiles; 10 plots in relief, with a black luminescent insert, Arabic numerals with a special diamond finish, tachometer scale base 1000 in km/h;
- Black, black counters with snailed white profiles; 10 plots in relief, with a white luminescent insert, Arabic numerals with a special diamond finish, tachometer scale base1000 in km/h;
- Black, black counters with snailed silvery profiles and a red hand for 24-hours counter; 10 plots in relief, with a white luminescent insert, Arabic numerals with a special diamond finish, tachometer scale base 1000 in km/h;
Central seconds hand in red colour.
Hands: sword-shaped skeleton hands with luminescent points
Push-buttons: in steel
Alligator or rubber;
Steel buckle, personalized “E&C”
Bracelet: in steel, Chalin
Optional: deployment clasp Déclic (Patented)