Following the latest trends in the industry, Helgray, a new micro watch brand from Canada announces its debut timepieces collection which can be pre ordered by visiting their crowd funding campaign at Kickstarter.
There is a huge demand for vintage watches, and acquiring one is a costly affair, also it is very difficult for its servicing and maintenance due to the rarity of original components.
Lots of brands today offer new timepieces with vintage looks, however they come in staggering price tags thus not accessible for a watch aficionado who has limited budget.
The team behind Helgray brand, so decided to create fine timepieces featuring vintage charm and aesthetics , yet equipped with a modern technology and available in an affordable price range. Inspired by WW1 military watches, these timepieces combine vintage style and modern Swiss made quartz movement.
Priced under $300 ($125 for basic model to $300 for chronograph), Helgray watches incorporate best materials and components: 316L grade stainless steel case and caseback, Hardlex crystal, and Swiss made Ronda quartz movement.
The 42mm stainless steel case is inspired from classic pocket-watch “bowl” shape and is fitted with wire lugs, which is more convenient. The highly legible dial follows the WW1 military theme.
Helgray currently offers four different watch models based on the style of dial used in each version:
- Helgray Field Officer: The basic field watch, in the classic 3-hand form, with date window at 6H. Price range : $125 to $ 200
- Helgray California: The legendary “California” dial, in 2-hand form, with a small-second register at 6H. Price range : $150 to $ 225.
- Helgray GMT: The classic dress watch, in 3-hand form, with the addition of a 4th hand to set an independent 2nd time zone (in 24h format). Price range : $175 to $ 250
- Helgray Sky fighter: The famous WW1 pilot-style watch, in 2-register chronograph form, with date window at 6H. Price range : $225 to $ 300.
The classic slim case and the highly legible dial make this timepiece a perfect accessory to match with your formal wear. Offered in an affordable price range, these timepieces are also recommended for women who have a taste of wearing over sized vintage looking watches.
Helgary has partnered with some reputed watch manufactures and strap makers to produce the timepieces. Prototypes were already received by the brand. Interested persons can pre order the watches by visiting Helgary Kickstarter crowd funding campaign which is currently live.
- Case diameter: 42 mm
- Case thickness: 10.9 mm
- Lug width: 20 mm
- Crystal: Hardlex, flat with beveled edge
- Case Material: Stainless steel 316L
- Strap: 20mm Buffalo-grain leather, medium brown
- Water Resistance: 3 ATM (30 m)
- Movement: Swiss Ronda 515 (Field Officer), 6004B (California), 514.24H (GMT), 5021.D (Skyfighter)