Although a dress watch should be quietly understated, this certainly doesn’t make sophisticated highlights taboo. Swiss watchmaker DAVOSA shares this view, and has equipped its recently launched dress watch model Vanguard with a host of glamorous highlights – in the form of 12 attractive gemstones mounted on the dial.
As these gemstones (zirconia) bear a very strong resemblance to diamonds and the difference is impossible to discern by the naked eye alone, they are known as synthetically produced diamonds. The advantage of zirconia is that, when used in the jewellery and watchmaking industries, it permits manufacturers to create high-quality products at competitive prices without having to forego glamour and sophistication. In the case of the new Vanguard models, this means a retail price less than 1,000 Euros.
The DAVOSA Glam Vanguard is now available from specialist watch retailers in steel and PVD gold versions for 798 and 849 Euros respectively.
The fact that models in the DAVOSA Vanguard series come with not only one, but three different straps is a feature which sets the range apart from the rest. And the Glam Vanguard is no different: in addition to traditional leather straps, it is also available with hand-crafted satin straps in various colours, produced in a small Swiss design studio.
The watch, which can be adapted to match the respective dress code depending on occasion and colour selection, is correspondingly versatile as a result.
– Silver dial with 12 synthetic diamond zirconia gemstones
– Designer straps (satin and leather)
– Domed sapphire crystal
– Fourfold screw-down steel back
– Mechanical Swiss automatic movement (calibre ETA 2892-2)
– Dimensions: Diameter: 40mm, height: 9mm
– Sophisticated, hinged presentation box, including three straps and strap-changing tool
– Priced at 798 Euros (stainless steel) and 849 Euros (PVD gold)