They sell mechanical watches since 1999, so they know the customers well –Watchismo.com, which sells luxury timepieces online now introduces their own watch brand XERIC.
The first ever collection will be XERISCOPE, a limited edition automatic timepiece which is very innovative, cool yet affordable. Innovative in its construction and functioning, this timepiece features a fully-exposed, orbiting mechanical movement that itself functions as hour hand, and assisted by a unique double-sided minute hand, it looks after time keeping functions. A second time zone display and a power reserve meter are extra functions.
The XERISCOPE will be produced in a limited edition of 100 individually numbered watches per style. Straps are made with high quality leather and available in various colours to perfectly complement each XERISCOPE style. The packaging will be made with high gloss Macassar Ebony with an interior of form-fitting dense EVA foam. Non limited versions are also available. Thanks to the grand response of Watchismo’s trusted customers, they raised $150,000 with in just 24 hours after opening the Kickstarter Campaign.
After years of specializing in only the most unique timepieces from around the world, creating XERIC WATCHES was the natural progression for watchismo.com founders Mitch & Andrew to explore their creative passions.
Mitch and Andrew founded XERIC Watches to bring complex, mechanical timepieces like the XERISCOPE collection to a broad cross-section of watch enthusiasts who dream of an affordable Mechanical. Together, the brothers have carefully curated the exceptional collection at Watchismo, which since 1999 has been a singular source for unique modern watches from around the world. XERIC Watches represents a natural progression of the business: from Curators to Creators of designs that reflect their experience, knowledge and passion for the truly unusual.
In 2009, while living in Switzerland four years ago, Mitch began doodling rough concepts for very unusual watch designs and discussing an action plan with Andrew. The brothers agreed that the watch market was riddled with extravagant watches but held a gaping hole that they could attempt to fill, if only there were a way to make an excellent mechanical watch for an accessible price.
In 2010, they began connecting with watchmakers in Switzerland while attending the annual Baselworld watch expo. Mitch moved home to Brooklyn, NY, and then to the San Francisco Bay area, so that the brothers at last could work side by side.
In the following couple of years, with feedback from their discussions with manufacturers, Mitch and Andy refined their designs and decided to name their creations after Xeric Court, the street they grew up on. Their field research continued to highlight the enthusiasm for mechanical watches among a stylish, tech-appreciative crowd that was priced out of the typical high-end Mechanicals. All they needed to complete the XERIC team was a visionary, in-house watch designer with extensive experience in every aspect of the production gauntlet.
In 2013, the brothers hired Danny to help finalize the XERISCOPE design and navigate the production process, knowing he’s succeeded with similar projects for other watchmakers. The team knew they had the right movement for the XERSISCOPE and a design that would celebrate every detail of mechanical timekeeping: the watch case would need to be open on both sides and the hour hand would be a direct extension of the mechanism. Andrew, Mitch and Danny developed five distinct colorways, packaging elements and a fulfillment timeline, applying their years of experience as watch authorities, designers, distributors and retailers.
The team identified a manufacturing partner with 30 years in the watch industry, with whom they created and tweaked several waves of prototypes before finalizing the fully-viable XERISCOPE prototype. Upon full funding, production will immediately begin for 100 first-edition pieces in each of the five colorways.
All they needed to bring the XERSISCOPE to life was involvement from fellow enthusiasts for timeless thinking, in order to attract those with the same appetite for an affordable Mechanical. The team then cultivated a plan to connect with relevant audiences via Kickstarter, where original thinking is directly rewarded by those who share a dream.
XERIC Watches embody the art of timekeeping by fusing mechanical function with timeless form in a singular machine. Designed in California, XERIC watches are produced on an artisanal scale, making high-end mechanical features accessible to a broad cross-section of horological enthusiasts.
For a company that has had worldwide retail fulfillment experience since 1999, meeting customer needs for a new product was no mind-blowing task; however, the XERISCOPE product line represents a new realm for an established business already catering to the desires of a global customer base.
Both internal and external factors are balanced by having a manufacturer with 30+ years of watch-specific manufacturing experience and a brand presence by an established authority in vintage and contemporary milestones in the world of watchmaking.
All next steps in production depend on expressed interest by consumers in the presence of an affordable Mechanical timepiece. The same manufacturers who meticulously developed the prototype through the finalization process stand ready to produce this series within two months, given notice to activate production procedures once funding goals are met.
Each Limited Edition XERISCOPE watch takes its place in individually numbered series featuring a surgical grade stainless steel case; a fully-exposed, orbiting 12-hour mechanical movement with dual timezone display; retrograde power reserve meter; and case-back window for observing the oscillating rotor.
The prototypes are already tested and commercial production will be starting soon. The timepieces from XERISCOPE collection can be ordered through KickStarter Campaign. The manufacturers will activate production as soon as Kickstarter funding goal accomplished.
Models – Limited Editions
- Silver & Black – $349 for the first 25 backers of the limited edition XERISCOPE XS3014 watches in stainless steel & black.
- Silver & White – $349 for the first 25 backers of the limited edition XERISCOPE XS3016 watches in stainless steel & white.
- Gold & Silver – $349 for the first 25 backers of the limited edition XERISCOPE XS3017 watches in stainless steel & gold.
- Rose Gold & Black – $349 for the first 25 backers of the limited edition XERISCOPE XS3018 watches in rose gold SS & black.
- All Black Steel – $349 for the first 25 backers of the limited edition XERISCOPE XS3019 watches in black stainless steel.
- Silver & White – $399 for one of the final 74 limited edition XERISCOPE XS3016 watches in stainless steel & white.
- Silver & Black – $399 for one of the final 74 limited edition XERISCOPE XS3014 watches in stainless steel & black.
- Gold & Silver – $399 for one of the final 74 limited edition XERISCOPE XS3017 watches in stainless steel & gold.
- Rose Gold & Black – $399 for one of the final 74 limited edition XERISCOPE XS3018 watches in rose gold & black.
- All Black Steel – $399 for one of the final 74 limited edition XERISCOPE XS3018 watches in black stainless steel.
Estimated delivery: Jan 2014
Add $19 USD to ship outside the US
Non Limited Edition Versions
- Silver Black Open Series – Features a Stainless Steel Mesh Strap & Black Leather Strap and Sapphire Crystal. $399 for the non-limited XERISCOPE XS3020
- Rose Gold Open Series – Features a Rose Gold Mesh Strap & Black Leather Strap and Sapphire Crystal. $399 for the non-limited XERISCOPE XS3021
- All Black Open Series – Features a Black Steel Mesh Strap & Black Leather Strap and Sapphire Crystal. $399 for the non-limited XERISCOPE XS3022
Estimated delivery: May 2014
Add $19 USD to ship outside the US