The Oris Big Crown timepiece has undergone a re-design to become even sleeker and smoother, yet still with the traditional Oris features which fans recognise and expect from the Swiss watch manufacturer.
The new Oris Big Crown Pointer Date flaunts a new case design, curved silver dials with guilloche finish and a smoother metal bracelet. However, the Oris Big Crown Pointer Date still incorporates both the ‘Pointer Calendar’ and ‘Big Crown’ features for which Oris is famous.
The ‘Pointer Calendar’ feature is one of Oris’s signature functions, and has been a mainstay of the Oris collection, first displayed in 1938. The initial Oris Pointer Calendar displayed the date via a central hand with a unique red-arrow-tipped ‘pointer’ and an outer ring marked with the dates. This feature became one of Oris’s signature designs and, although the arrow has morphed into a crescent shape, has remained largely unchanged over 70 years later.
The second key Oris design displayed by this watch is the Big Crown, which was initially intended to accommodate the needs of gloved aviators, but today serves a much more aesthetic purpose.
The latest version of Oris’s ‘Big Crown’ feature, showcased by the Oris Big Crown Pointer Date, has shock- and scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, with the hour markers and hands coated in Super-LumiNova® for enhanced night-time visibility.
With the royal makeover of the Big Crown Pointer Date Oris is adding another highlight in its rich tradition of quality watch making.
Model: Oris Big Crown Pointer Date
Ref. No. 754 7679 4061 LS, Ø 40.00mm
• Automatic mechanical movement Oris Cal. 754, based on Sellita SW 220 with pointer date function
• Centralised second, minute, hour displays and datehand
• Multi-piece stainless steel case, water resistant to 100 bar/1,000 metres
• Stainless steel screw in crown
• Sapphire crystal domed on both sides with inner anti-reflective coating
• Silver guilloche and curved dial with embossed indices and numerals
• Polished Nickel hands with Super-LumiNova® inlay
• Black leather strap with stainless steel folding buckle. Also available with multi-piece stainless steel metal bracelet with folding clasp.
• Swiss Retail Price CHF 1,300.00