In keeping with the trend for larger watches, the three new styles of COLVMBVS ™ timepieces measure 46mm, and this broad size is the perfect canvas for the wealth of detail that adorns each watch.
Reflecting the nautical theme, the case body displays an intricate, interlocking triangular design, which recalls the pointed markings of a compass rose.
Inner mechanics include the Grande Date Technotime 651 with GMT module and decorated oscillating weight, once again visible through the sapphire case back, engraved in honour of the intrepid explorer.
Released in 300 models, in a colorway of stainless steel with black crocodile strap, the GMT variant also displays the same harmonious dial, with a trio of finishing including a guilloché sunray motif, sun-brushed central dial, and circular brushed seconds counter.
The Grande Date display is indicated via a system of double-discs. Final flourishes on this superb piece include the smart sub-dial, CHARRIOL logo, blue tapered indexes and delicate seconds-hand accented with the CHARRIOL ‘C’ insignia.
Just like the intrepid explorer that inspired the collection name, CHARRIOL has new horizons in sight with three ambitious new additions to the men’s range of COLVMBVS ™ watches: the third generation of this popular range, first created in 1988.
The COLVMBVS ™ Grande Date GMT will be joined by 2 more COLVMBVS ™ models with complicated movements , which reaffirms a complex standard of watchmaking for this Swiss watchmaker. Available in 300, 30 and 3 pieces respectively, these models represent CHARRIOL’s ventures into exciting new territories, offering male customers a trio of elegant, powerful timepieces that embody a spirit of adventure.
- Movement: Mechanical, automatic, caliber Technotime 651 with GMT module, decorated oscillating weight
- Functions: Hour, minute, second, date and second time zone
- Watch case : Stainless steel 316L, 46mm diameter; Engraved case side with interlocking triangular design, recalling the pointed markings of a compass rose; Sapphire back case with engraved Christopher Columbus profile
- Dial: Silver sun-brushed and circular-brushed; Second time zone in guilloché sunray sub-dial at 6 o’clock; Double-discs Grande Date displayed at 12 0’clock
- Bracelet: Black crocodile leather with stainless steel deploying buckle
- Suggested retail price: CHF 3’490.00