The new TUDOR Fastrider Black Shield features an extraordinary totally black mono-bloc case in high-tech black matt ceramic. It is also an extraordinary – totally black – timepiece.
It is a chronograph with a fiery temperament adding its energy to a TUDOR line dedicated to speed and top performance. So much so that, if it were compared to a dream motorcycle, throbbing with power and feeling, the TUDOR Fastrider Black Shield would undoubtedly be associated with a bike without equal.
In this spirit, and to accompany the launch of the TUDOR Fastrider Black Shield, TUDOR – in collaboration with its partner, Ducati – has customized the one-of-a-kind Diavel Carbon model with a black matt finish on the whole motorcycle and signature red highlighting on the details. These two mechanical machines, statements of extreme strength and masculinity, call for being presented in a world of untamed power and elements unleashed.
Monolithic and scratch-proof, the TUDOR Fastrider Black Shield’s monobloc case in matt black ceramic is an archetype in its genre. It is fashioned using high-tech injected ceramic – not ceramic applied to another material as a coating – entirely in one process. The whole case is produced as a single piece – a unique operation for watches in this segment.
In addition to the noble aesthetics of this chronograph, the extremely complex procedure adopted for its manufacture – a result of technological expertise acquired in perfecting the bezel for the Pelagos line – ensures that both the middle case and bezel are exceptionally reliable and resistant.
Waterproof to a depth of 150 metres (500 feet) and fitted with direct-action pushers and a screw-down crown in PVD-treated steel, the 42 mm case houses a self-winding chronograph movement with a power reserve of approximately 46 hours. The matt finish selected for this monobloc case shows off to particular advantage the clean curves and taut lines of this chronograph. It also accentuates the watch’s dimensions and the tachymetric scale engraved on the bezel.
The strength emanating from the case is highlighted by the red features – including the luminescent material – that punctuate the dial.
A red seal placed under the sapphire crystal – evidence of rigorous attention to detail – enhances the presence of this model, a perfect tribute to TUDOR’s colour codes. A unique statement of precision and performance, this chronograph is available with either a rubber strap or a leather strap with red stitching.
TUDOR Fastrider Black Shield is also offered in a version combining the matt black of the case and dial with a bronze tint on the hands and hour-markers. This version is available with either a rubber strap or a beige Alcantara® strap with black stitching
Model: TUDOR Fastrider Black Shield
References 42000CR and 42000CN
– Ø 42 mm matt black ceramic case with bead-blasted finish and monobloc middle case
– Fixed matt black ceramic bezel with engraved tachymetric scale
– Self-winding mechanical chronograph movement, TUDOR calibre 7753
– Power reserve of approximately 46 hours
– Screw-down winding crown in black PVD-coated steel engraved with the TUDOR logo, double water-proofness system
– Chronograph pushers in black PVD-coated steel at 2 o’clock and 4 o’clock
– 30-minute totalizer at 3 o’clock and 12-hour totalizer at 6 o’clock
– Small seconds hand at 9 o’clock
– Date at 4.30
– Rapid date corrector with PVD shield motif at 9 o’clock on the middle case
– Scratch-resistant and anti-reflective sapphire crystal
– Waterproof to 150 m (500 ft)
– Leather or rubber strap with black PVD-coated folding clasp and safety catch